[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] C Manual PD or shareware?

sl87m@cc.usu.edu (The Barking Pumpkin Digital Gratification Ensemble) (05/31/91)

In article <1991May22.005445.28072@sugar.hackercorp.com>, peter@sugar.hackercorp.com (Peter da Silva) writes:
> In article <mykes.2690@amiga0.SF-Bay.ORG> mykes@amiga0.SF-Bay.ORG (Mike Schwartz) writes:
>> You must be kidding.  Anyone who sends you money should be sending it to the
>> author of the manual instead.  Your $30 fee doesn't just cover your costs of
>> distribution, which is what PD Wares dictate you can charge.
>
> Mike, "PD" means "you can charge whatever you want". Plus, have you figured
> the cost of wear on his printer, toner, paper, binders, his time, etc...
> --
> Peter da Silva.   `-_-'
> <peter@sugar.hackercorp.com>.

I haven't looked at the recent version of CManual, but wasn't the last version
of CManual shareware and not PD? If PD, then he can charge whatever he wants,
but if not, there's a problem.

Please not this is not a flame or accusation, just a simple question.
Thanx.
TM