[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] Screen colors

Joe.Monnin@f210.n110.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Joe Monnin) (05/31/91)

AREA:UUCP_AMI2
I'm just learning to program in C on my Amiga.  I have set up a custom
screen on which I have put a borderless backdrop window that is
full-screen in size.  All I want to do is to change the background color
of the window to black.  It is currently blue.  Try as I might, I can't
figue out how to do this seemingly simple thing.  I've read all about
the colormap and the SetRGB4() function and all of that, but I don't
have a viewport defined.  How do I change the background color?

AFIT Amiga Users BBS/UFGateway |Joe Monnin - via FidoNet node 1:110/300
    1:110/300 Dayton, Ohio     |UUCP: afitamy!210!Joe.Monnin
        (513)-252-7681         |ARPA: Joe.Monnin@f210.n110.z1.FIDONET.ORG

peter@cbmvax.commodore.com (Peter Cherna) (06/01/91)

In article <450.28469A0E@afitamy.fidonet.org> Joe.Monnin@f210.n110.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Joe Monnin) writes:
>AREA:UUCP_AMI2
>I've read all about
>the colormap and the SetRGB4() function and all of that, but I don't
>have a viewport defined.  How do I change the background color?

Your screen has a ViewPort embedded in it.  So you would do

	SetRGB4( &myscreen->ViewPort, n, r, g, b );

If you're new to C, you may find the & and -> get confusing.
Look at it as

	&(myscreen->ViewPort)

if that helps.

>AFIT Amiga Users BBS/UFGateway |Joe Monnin - via FidoNet node 1:110/300

     Peter
--
Peter Cherna, Operating Systems Development Group, Commodore-Amiga, Inc.
{uunet|rutgers}!cbmvax!peter    peter@cbmvax.commodore.com