[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] SHAM format

ben@epmooch.UUCP (Rev. Ben A. Mesander) (06/01/91)

I'd like to write a program to convert DKB raytracer output to SHAM
format. Could someone please tell me where I can find specs on the SHAM
IFF format?

Any other suggestions for converting 24-bit files so that they look nice
on an unmodified Amiga? How about choosing the color registers for HAM
format? Does anyone have any algorithms they could share?

--
| ben@epmooch.UUCP   (Ben Mesander)       | "Cash is more important than |
| ben%servalan.UUCP@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu |  your mother." - Al Shugart, |

valentin@public.BTR.COM (Valentin Pepelea) (06/02/91)

In article <ben.3328@epmooch.UUCP> ben@epmooch.UUCP (Rev. Ben A. Mesander)
writes:

>Any other suggestions for converting 24-bit files so that they look nice
>on an unmodified Amiga? How about choosing the color registers for HAM
>format? Does anyone have any algorithms they could share?

The 'algorithm' that we use is called ADPro, by ASDG. The art department will
convert your high resolution 24 bit image into 640x400 AHAM, the equivalent of
SHAM. Quite nice transformations.

Valentin
--
"An operating system without virtual memory      Name:      Valentin Pepelea
 is an operating system without virtue."         Phone:     (408) 985-1700