[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] Gadgets

jdickson@jato.jpl.nasa.gov (Jeff Dickson) (06/05/91)

	I have a gadget that when selected and then subsequently deselected
I'd like to get the GADGETUP ICMP event. However, despite what the 1.3 RKM
(blue cover) says, all that I ever get in the GADGETDOWN event.

	According to the manual, if I create the gadget with the activation
flags GADGIMMEDIATE and RELVERIFY - I should receive these two events.

	The loop I am using to watch for the GADGETUP event is something
like this:

	    for (;;) {
		if (!(msp = GetMsg(win->UserPort))) {
		    WaitPort(win->UserPort);
		    continue;
		}
		n = ((struct IntuiMessage *)msp)->Class;
		ReplyMsg(msp);
		if (n == GADGETUP) break;
	    }

	Please excuse any mispellings as I am going from memory. BTW, this
is a boolean gadget. I believe all the other fields in the gadget structure
to be set correctly, because the gadget does what it is supposed to do other-
wise.

	Please help.

jeff

ken@cbmvax.commodore.com (Ken Farinsky - CATS) (06/06/91)

In article <1991Jun5.153927.20310@jato.jpl.nasa.gov> jdickson@jato.Jpl.Nasa.Gov (Jeff Dickson) writes:
>	I have a gadget that when selected and then subsequently deselected
>I'd like to get the GADGETUP ICMP event. However, despite what the 1.3 RKM
>(blue cover) says, all that I ever get in the GADGETDOWN event.

Do you have the flags GADGETUP and GADGETDOWN set in your IDCMP?
Ken Farinsky - CATS - (215) 431-9421 - Commodore Business Machines
uucp: ken@cbmvax.commodore.com   or  ...{uunet,rutgers}!cbmvax!ken
bix:  kfarinsky