[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] Assembly

Charlie_Gibbs@mindlink.bc.ca (Charlie Gibbs) (06/01/91)

In article <1991Jun2.142318.26755@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu>
vernon@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu (Vernon Bowles) writes:

>I would also appreciate any comments on a good assembler- the one I have right
>now is (c)1987, and it sucks. Assembler technology has to have improved in the
>past four years (It was Assempro).

Just to blow my own horn a bit, the latest version of A68k has been
posted to ab20.  Look for A68k271.lzh.  People seem to like it, and
the price is right.  Enjoy...

Charlie_Gibbs@mindlink.bc.ca
"I'm cursed with hair from HELL!"  -- Night Court

kskelm@happy.colorado.edu (06/02/91)

In article <1991Jun2.142318.26755@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu>, vernon@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu (Vernon Bowles) writes:
> I would also appreciate any comments on a good assembler- the one I have right
> now is (c)1987, and it sucks. Assembler technology has to have improved in the
> past four years (It was Assempro).

    Now that you mention it, I still am, too.  A while back, i posted here
about the hacker versions of the Seka Assembler-- someone put me onto an
FTP-Site they said it could be found on, but I couldn't see it anywhere.

    Through another couple of demos, I hear references to the ASMOne assembler,
purportedly written for the ex-group Kefrens.  Anybody know if *this* one is
distributable?

    And while we're at it, could someone *please* upload (to AB20?) any of
the Tool Packs that the hackers write and spread?  I'm sure theres some
great programming utilities out there somwehere.

   Thanks,

|      ///  Kevin "Visionary will be done RSN" Kelm          |
|     ///  kskelm@happy.colorado.edu                         |
| \\\/// "Reality is subjective-- if you can make your own,  |
|  \XX/ then who's crazy? That's entertainment software!"-me |
| C code run.  Run, code, run--PLEASE!                       |

vernon@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu (Vernon Bowles) (06/02/91)

Would someone please tell me the names/authors of good books to help someone
get started programming assembly on an amiga? (1meg 500)

-vernon@129.15.22.2

jsmoller@jsmami.UUCP (Jesper Steen Moller) (06/04/91)

In article <1991Jun2.103734.1@happy.colorado.edu> kskelm@happy.colorado.edu writes:

> In article <1991Jun2.142318.26755@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu>, vernon@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu (Vernon Bowles) writes:
> > I would also appreciate any comments on a good assembler- the one I have right
> > now is (c)1987, and it sucks. Assembler technology has to have improved in the
> > past four years (It was Assempro).
>
>     Now that you mention it, I still am, too.  A while back, i posted here
> about the hacker versions of the Seka Assembler-- someone put me onto an
> FTP-Site they said it could be found on, but I couldn't see it anywhere.
>
>     Through another couple of demos, I hear references to the ASMOne assembler,
> purportedly written for the ex-group Kefrens.  Anybody know if *this* one is
> distributable?

It was written for commercial purposes, and was released as such. It is
being sold in Denmark at the time, for -hm- about $100 or so, and is
blindingly fast. Rune, who wrote it, has worked very hard on it, and
(with my help ;-)) he even made it produce starndard Amiga (Lattice)
object format files, even with support for relative (A4) adressing
and such.
Even though it is somewhat spread, AsmOne is definately COMMERCIAL, but
I don't know if it's available in the states.

>     And while we're at it, could someone *please* upload (to AB20?) any of
> the Tool Packs that the hackers write and spread?  I'm sure theres some
> great programming utilities out there somwehere.

I wrote a utility (when I was member of a demo group called Arcane)
to manipulate IFF-files: Save/load ILBM/RAW, save palettes, save in
RAWBLIT format (interleaved rows for faster blitting, save sprite, save
as ASM source, etc. etc. Supports all resolutions, doesn't crash when
(nice intuition+multitasking), very nice home-brewn file-requester,
works with A3000 even though it was developed on the A1000 (long live
RKM), written 90% in C, etc. etc.

Oh I have it - I'm willing to upload it anywhere, but I don't have FTP
access, and I don't suppose any Danish BBSs will do!(?)

> |      ///  Kevin "Visionary will be done RSN" Kelm          |

> | C code run.  Run, code, run--PLEASE!                       |

Guru - get out of sight, PLEASE!

Cheers, Jesper

--                     __
Jesper Steen Moller   ///  VOICE: +45 31 62 46 45
Maglemosevej 52  __  ///  USENET: {rutgers|uunet|pyramid}!
DK-2920 Charl    \\\///           cbmvax!cbmehq!jsmami!jsmoller
Denmark           \XX/   FIDONET: 2:231/84.45

ludde@alv.nada.kth.se (Erik Lundevall) (06/04/91)

>       Through another couple of demos, I hear references to the ASMOne assembler,
>   purportedly written for the ex-group Kefrens.  Anybody know if *this* one is
>   distributable?

AsmOne is a commercial assembler.

--
-Erik Lundevall                      "God is real, unless declared integer."

ludde@nada.kth.se | uunet!cbmvax!cbmehq!cbmswe!adder!ludde

sschaem@starnet.uucp (Stephan Schaem) (06/06/91)

 A good setup is CED with Macro68...
 But this might be a little expansive to start.
 You can try a PD/Shareware editor with Genim2.

sschaem@starnet.uucp (Stephan Schaem) (06/06/91)

 ASMONE is not PD.And was totaly killed by piracy! From people how know
 the programer of Asmone I heard of only 6 copy sold, just sick!!

 MasterSeka is available and support up to 68020 (to my knowledge)...

							Stephan.