[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] Color Scanners

hawk@pnet01.cts.com (John Anderson) (06/01/91)

>Also shipping is the controller kit for the Phovos 300C. Next month
>we start shipping controller kits for the Sharp series of scanners
>(the JX-100, JX-300, 450 and 600).
>
>pk
>
>--
>Perry Kivolowitz, ASDG Inc. ``We look for things. Things that make us go.''
>        UUCP:  {harvard|rutgers|ucbvax}!uwvax!astroatc!nicmad!madnix!perry
>        CIS:   76004,1765 PLINK: pk-asdg

Could you give us a little information about what the JX-100 controller
kit does, does differently than what comes standard with the JX-100, and
the price?  Thanks.

perry@madnix.UUCP (Perry Kivolowitz) (06/07/91)

In article <1991Jun1.023612.8625@crash.cts.com> hawk@pnet01.cts.com (John Anderson) writes:
>Could you give us a little information about what the JX-100 controller
>kit does, does differently than what comes standard with the JX-100, and
>the price?  Thanks.

The ScanLab 100 software (which comes with the JX-100 at no  additional
cost) will continue to come with  the JX-100  (at no additional  cost).
The JX-100 controller kit for ADPro will be nominally priced to regist-
ered ScanLab 100 owners - don't know the exact price yet.

What it will allow  is the  direct control  over the  JX-100 from right
within ADPro. It will use the second generation scanner controller look-
and-feel  we've  created  which greatly  eases the usage of scanners by
anyone needing scanned images for video or print needs.

The new software will also come with a  stand-alone version which scans
directly to disk  without using  much ram at  all. This would be useful
for those with little memory.

As I  said before,  the JX-100 controller  kit would be  available at a
nominal price to ScanLab  100 owners.  Since all JX-100's in the US are
sold with ScanLab 100,  this means  anyone with an Amiga version of the
JX-100. Therefore most of our  business  for  the new software should be
upgrades (in the  US). Internationally - we  will make the new software
available for $130.