[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] Gadtools scrollers in borders?

bp@bpamsoft.hanse.de (Bernd Preusing) (06/01/91)

Now there is this phantastic gadtools.library, but i have one big
problem with it:

How can i bind scrollers with arrows to window borders? I know how to
do it with normal scroller gadgets, but i would like to get the "new look"
and the simple handling of the returned value.

Can anybody help me?
--
    // | Bernd Preusing,  Gerhardstr. 16, D-2200 Elmshorn, Germany |
\\ //  | Sub/Usenet: bp@bpamsoft.hanse.de    voice: +49 4121/22486 |

peter@cbmvax.commodore.com (Peter Cherna) (06/08/91)

In article <bp.3574@bpamsoft.hanse.de> bp@bpamsoft.hanse.de (Bernd Preusing) writes:
>How can i bind scrollers with arrows to window borders?

The current release of GadTools does not support doing this.

>but i would like to get the "new look"
>and the simple handling of the returned value.

The boopsi proportional gadget class "propgclass" can be put into
the border, and is also fairly friendly.  As well, the routines for
calculating friendly scroller parameters are in the 1.3 RKMs, I
believe.

>    // | Bernd Preusing,  Gerhardstr. 16, D-2200 Elmshorn, Germany |

     Peter
--
Peter Cherna, Operating Systems Development Group, Commodore-Amiga, Inc.
{uunet|rutgers}!cbmvax!peter    peter@cbmvax.commodore.com