[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] <None>

vollath@lan.informatik.tu-muenchen.de (Ulrich Vollath) (02/18/91)

I am sure, someone has already solved the following problem:
For an implementation of un*x fstat(), i have to do an Examine()
on a filehandle (NOT a struct FileLock *).

So how can I convert filehandles to filelocks (under AmigaDOS 1.3)
or examine the properties of a file associated to a filehandle
directly ?

(BTW: just for motivation of answers: I nearly succeded in compiling
the BSD 4.3 c library for Gnu cc, one of the missing functions is fstat() ...)

In article <1991Feb18.082650@Informatik.TU-Muenchen.DE> vollath@lan.informatik.tu-muenchen.de (Ulrich Vollath) writes:
>I am sure, someone has already solved the following problem:
>For an implementation of un*x fstat(), i have to do an Examine()
>on a filehandle (NOT a struct FileLock *).
>
>So how can I convert filehandles to filelocks (under AmigaDOS 1.3)
>or examine the properties of a file associated to a filehandle
>directly ?

	Under 2.0, you can just use ExamineFH().  Under 1.3, it can't be
done.  Period.  Sorry.  (This is why there's now an ExamineFH()...)

	If you can somehow remember the string used to open it, you can
get the info that way (Lock() it and examine, but that will fail if the
ope is exclusive, or strip the last portion of the path, lock the parent,
and then ExNext through the parent until you come to the file.  That works
even if the file is exclusively locked.)

{uunet|rutgers}!cbmvax!jesup, jesup@cbmvax.commodore.com  BIX: rjesup
The compiler runs
Like a swift-flowing river
I wait in silence.  (From "The Zen of Programming")  ;-)

set@phobos.cis.ksu.edu (Steve E Tietze ) (03/21/91)

Subject:Karnaugh Map Reduction

Im looking for a PD or Shareware program that deals with circuit design.
Which uses the Karnaugh Map Reduction in it.

Any Suggestions Please Email me...

<-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->
<->   AMIGA MAN!    ***Kansas State University***   Steve Tietze        <->
<->                 Email set@phobos.cis.ksu.edu  Phone 913-539-9101    <->
<-><-><-><-><-><-><->And Justice for All ... Metallica<-><-><-><-><-><-><->

c8927218@wombat.newcastle.edu.au (05/24/91)

I have a question, which is hard to explain, but perhaps easy to answer.

I have a program which updates info on the screen every second.  Its exitable
by clicking on the close gadget of its window.

Currently I am delaying by Delay(60) and then checking the windows message
port for a message, outputting my info, then looping back to the Delay.

The problem is, if the user clicks on the close gadget, it could be a second
before the program responds (since its in a delay) and hence if I move the
delay up, which I want to...then it could be 5secs or more before the window
closes.

So the basic idea is, how can I start a timed event that will pump a signal
to me when it completes, so that I can have the program waiting for a signal
from that timer or from the window message port...hence if the user clicks
on the close gadget, it immediately can respond ?

Assembly or C answers....

Thanks,

Robert Lang.

hollnbgh@coral.bucknell.edu (06/04/91)

Hello,

     I am writing a function/scientific plotting program, and I am trying to
make it work in many different environments.  I am making it configurable
for PAL, NTSC, 1.3, 2.0 & ECS (screen resolutions), and hopefully A2024.

     There are several things I would like to know about the A2024 monitor:

The resolution is 1008 x 800 (2 bitplanes), but is the A2024 in Europe
(A2025 ???) a PAL monitor with 1008 x 1024 ?

It is the same as a Moniterm Viking I monitor (in the way the system
drives the video)?

Assuming that someone has a A2024 (or a Moniterm) with 1.3, how does a
C programmer get a 1008 x 800 screen open.  I vaugely remember something
about Intuition.library V35 being the version that would allow the A2024
to operate.  What flags go into the new_screen.Flags field?

How do I open the 1008 x 800 screen under 2.0 ?

Any help along these lines would be greatly appreciated as I am trying to
support a device that I have never seen!

Thanks in advance,

Dale Hollenbaugh

hollnbgh@amethyst.bucknell.edu
hollenbaugh@garnet.bucknell.edu
hollnbgh@coral.bucknell.edu

ken@cbmvax.commodore.com (Ken Farinsky - CATS) (06/05/91)

In article <1991Jun3.221411.3198@coral.bucknell.edu> hollnbgh@coral.bucknell.edu writes:
>There are several things I would like to know about the A2024 monitor:
>
>The resolution is 1008 x 800 (2 bitplanes), but is the A2024 in Europe
>a PAL monitor with 1008 x 1024 ?

Yes, NTSC 2024 (60Hz) = 1008 x 800; PAL 2024 (50Hz) = 1008 x 1024.

>It is the same as a Moniterm Viking I monitor (in the way the system
>drives the video)?

Yes, the moniterm and the 2024 are the same thing, one has the decoding
stuff in the monitor and one requires a video card.  The tube size
is different as well.

>Assuming that someone has a A2024 (or a Moniterm) with 1.3, how does a
>C programmer get a 1008 x 800 screen open.  I vaugely remember something
>about Intuition.library V35 being the version that would allow the A2024
>to operate.  What flags go into the new_screen.Flags field?

You must use tags to do this.  Under V35 you can set the NS_EXTENDED bit
and call OpenScreen().  For V36 and later you can call OpenScreenTags()
or OpenScreenTagList().

It looks like you need to set (in addition to the regular stuff):

	#include <graphics/view.h>
	#include <intuition/screens.h>

	/* struct ExtNewScreen is struct NewScreen with the
	** following field added to the end:
	**
	**     struct TagItem *Extension;
	*/
	struct ExtNewScreen newscreen;

	/* this tag must be first for V35 compatibility. */
	taglist[0].ti_Tag  = NSTAG_EXT_VPMODE;
	taglist[0].ti_Data = VPF_A2024 | VPF_TENHZ; /* or just VPF_A2024 */

	taglist[1].ti_Tag  = TAG_END;

	if (GfxBase->LibNode.lib_Version <= 34)
	    ; /* can't do tags or moniterm */
	else if (GfxBase->LibNode.lib_Version == 35)
	    {
	    newscreen.extension = taglist;
	    newscreen.Type = CUSTOMSCREEN | NS_EXTENDED;
	    newscreen.ViewModes = 0; /* for 2024 */
	    newscreen.Width = 1008;
	    newscreen.Height = 800;
	    if (GfxBase->DisplayFlags & PAL)
		newscreen.Height = 1024;

	    if (NULL != (screen = OpenScreen(&newscreen)))
		{
		/* succeeded! */
		}
	    }
	else if (GfxBase->LibNode.lib_Version >= 36)
	    ; /* see AmigaMail article, described below. */

>How do I open the 1008 x 800 screen under 2.0 ?

Same way, but you must check the display database to see if the mode
is available.  See AmigaMail article by Ewout Walraven, Jan/Feb 1991.
Ken Farinsky - CATS - (215) 431-9421 - Commodore Business Machines
uucp: ken@cbmvax.commodore.com   or  ...{uunet,rutgers}!cbmvax!ken
bix:  kfarinsky

dale@boing.UUCP (Dale Luck) (06/08/91)

In article ken@cbmvax.commodore.com (Ken Farinsky - CATS) writes:

>Yes, NTSC 2024 (60Hz) = 1008 x 800; PAL 2024 (50Hz) = 1008 x 1024.

There is one addition here. If you have the new ECS agnus that has
the expanded blit ranges you can use 1024x800 and 1024x1024!

To use 1024x800 instead of 1008x800 all you have to do is specify the
new width in the NewScreen structure. I wonder if the graphics will
work if I specify 2048x800 and use RasInfo->RxOffset to ping pong left
and right?

--
Dale Luck     GfxBase/Boing, Inc.
{uunet!cbmvax|pyramid}!amiga!boing!dale

cnbp18@vaxa.strath.ac.uk (06/11/91)

Is there a software called LATEX on AMIGA ?
Where could I find it?
And at which prize?