[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] Molec3D on FF482

gerber@sirius.astro.uiuc.edu (Richard Gerber) (06/13/91)

I recently posted regarding a problem with Molec3D on Fish disk 482.
Thanks to all who responded. It is beginning to appear that the
program works OK on A500s and A1000s, but breaks on A2000s, both
stock and accelerated (has
anyone tried it on an A3000?). Of course I only have low-number
statistics, so if anyone has gotten it to run on an A2000, let
me know.

I assume (but may be wrong) that the coding was not done by the
Amiga OS rules and this is why it runs on some machines but not
others. I was wondering how this could be. What difference is there
between the A500 (and A1000) and the A2000 that could cause this
difference?

Regards,
Richard
gerber@rigel.astro.uiuc.edu

besst@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Brian E. Schwadron) (06/14/91)

In article <1991Jun13.133458.11595@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> gerber@sirius.astro.uiuc.edu (Richard Gerber) writes:
>I recently posted regarding a problem with Molec3D on Fish disk 482.
>Thanks to all who responded. It is beginning to appear that the
>program works OK on A500s and A1000s, but breaks on A2000s, both
>stock and accelerated (has
>anyone tried it on an A3000?). Of course I only have low-number

     It seems to work fine on my (old) A2000, so that can't be the problem.
Which A2000s have you tried it on, and what were they equipped with?  The
most possible cause may be CHIP RAM: does it break on 2000s with one or 1/2
a meg of chip ram?
     By the way, all of the icons are 2.0 style -- it looks like it was
written on an A3000, or in any case some machine running 2.0.
     My system: B2000, 4.2 (cherry keyboard),KS 34.5, WB34.20, GVP harddrive
and 3 megs of ram (1.6 free upon running) and the old Agnus (512k chip).
     Hope this helps ...
							Brian

rhealey@kas.helios.mn.org (Rob Healey) (06/17/91)

In article <1991Jun13.133458.11595@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> gerber@sirius.astro.uiuc.edu (Richard Gerber) writes:
=I recently posted regarding a problem with Molec3D on Fish disk 482.
=Thanks to all who responded. It is beginning to appear that the
=program works OK on A500s and A1000s, but breaks on A2000s, both
=stock and accelerated (has
=anyone tried it on an A3000?). Of course I only have low-number
=statistics, so if anyone has gotten it to run on an A2000, let
=me know.
=
	Molec3D works like a charm on my 3000/25 running 2.02 AmigaDOS.
	Everything worked great, nice program, wish I'd had it
	for my Chem and Physics classes in school...

		-Rob