[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] Basic Translator

waw5805@isc.rit.edu (W.A. Willis ) (06/13/91)

I know this has been asked and answered before but ...before it didn't
interest me. Anyway, does anyone know of a BASIC to C translator for the
Amiga? Tanx in advance.

In article <1991Jun12.180436.28988@isc.rit.edu> waw5805@isc.rit.edu (W.A. Willis ) writes:
>I know this has been asked and answered before but ...before it didn't
>interest me. Anyway, does anyone know of a BASIC to C translator for the
>Amiga? Tanx in advance.

No, I don't know of any. So I just started to write my own. But this
turns out very complex, so I won't promise to ever finishing it. I already
have concepts for many of the tougher stuff, but don't see the light at
the end of the tunnel.

The times before I already did these conversions several times by hand.
Saving a Basic program as ASCII and then using an editor with some
search and replace runs does already 50 % of the job. The rest though
is tougher...