[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] Is my printer on-line?

MLO@SLACVM.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU (LORETI, Maurizio) (06/17/91)

How can I check that a printer is connected, power-on and on line
on th parallel/serial port? I know that this can be done, but my
RKM's (1.1, ehm...) say nothing about how to do. Any help will be
appreciated!
                    Maurizio

- Only my opinions ... --------- (programmer since 1968) --------- aka I3NOO. -
 Maurizio Loreti - University of Padova - Department of Physics - Padova, Italy
 DECnet:   VAXFPD::LORETI        i.e. 39169::LORETI
 BITNET:   LORETI@IPDINFN         or  MLO@SLACVM
 INTERNET: LORETI@PADOVA.INFN.IT  or  MLO@SLACVM.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU

valentin@public.BTR.COM (Valentin Pepelea) (06/18/91)

In article <91168.000231MLO@SLACVM.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU>
MLO@SLACVM.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU (LORETI, Maurizio) writes:
>How can I check that a printer is connected, power-on and on line
>on th parallel/serial port? I know that this can be done, but my
>RKM's (1.1, ehm...) say nothing about how to do. Any help will be
>appreciated!

If the BUSY bit is off and the SEL bit is on, then the printer is connected,
on-line, and ready to accept data.

Valentin
--
"An operating system without virtual memory      Name:      Valentin Pepelea
 is an operating system without virtue."         Phone:     (408) 985-1700