[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] Assembling C64-Code on Amiga ?

Hartwig.Schieck@arbi.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de (Hartwig Schieck) (06/15/91)

Hi there !
I have a problem with assembling a large source on my c-64, because it
ran totally out of memory. My idea was, to create a couple of macros
with devpac2.0 ,compiling the c64 code on my amiga ,then send the object-
code via serial back to c64.
Unfortunatelly, I can't manage it to write a macro that compiles a term
like 'lda (10),x' because I don't understand how to handle the different
parameters ,especially the brackets. All I made were macros that produced
a 'dc.b xx' as translation for a single-byte command.
I think it MUST be possible to do, but the manual is so confusing :-(
So my question is : Is anybody able to explain me the things in a compre-
hensible form or does anyone know of a 'c64 development system' for the
amiga ?

Many thanks
	     Hartwig Schieck
--
e-mail  : hartwig.schieck@arbi.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de
inhouse : rotary@faramir

DXB132@psuvm.psu.edu (06/18/91)

There is a 6502 (actually 65C02 but who cares :-)) cross-assembler for
the Amiga called Asm65, written by Jukka  Marin in 68000 assembly. It
should be on some FTP sites (?!). Also I believe Matt Dillon wrote a
cross-assembler; I don't know whether it uses a "generic" or "native"
syntax though....

-- Dan Babcock

dillon@overload.Berkeley.CA.US (Matthew Dillon) (06/19/91)

In article <91168.200322DXB132@psuvm.psu.edu> DXB132@psuvm.psu.edu writes:
>There is a 6502 (actually 65C02 but who cares :-)) cross-assembler for
>the Amiga called Asm65, written by Jukka  Marin in 68000 assembly. It
>should be on some FTP sites (?!). Also I believe Matt Dillon wrote a
>cross-assembler; I don't know whether it uses a "generic" or "native"
>syntax though....
>
>-- Dan Babcock

    DASM handles 6502 but not 65C02, but the pseudo-ops are not
    standard.

					-Matt
--

    Matthew Dillon	    dillon@Overload.Berkeley.CA.US
    891 Regal Rd.	    uunet.uu.net!overload!dillon