[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] Amiga Programming Manuals?

raykey@metshop.uucp (Ray Akey) (06/21/91)

I'm looking for any documentation (books, tutorial disks, etc,...) on
programming the Amiga.  Mostly, I'm looking for tutorials concentrated
mostly on programming the intuition aspect.  If you know of anything that has
a fairly solid tutorial of all or _many_ of intuition's many facets (screens,
windows, gadgets, menus, etc,...), please send me mail with the titles and
possible suppliers/distributors of such.

  I am a seasoned C progrommer and I have a couple of books such as the
RKM-libraries & devices and Amiga C for beginners but, respectively, one is
too involved for your average intuition beginner (so it seems) and the other
just plain sucks :)

-- C-UseNet V0.42e
    +=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=+
    + Ray Akey#                 The Metal Shoppe BBS:   +1 519 255 7378 +
    + Windsor, Ont. CANADA        USR HST (12-38.4K baud)               +
    + +1 519 256 4014               Supporting the best!        _______ +
    +                                                          ///      +
    + UUCP: uunet!umich!vela!sycom!metshop!rakey             \XX/ AMIGA +
    +=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=+

mattel@auto-trol.com (Matt Telles) (06/22/91)

In article <raykey.0165@metshop.uucp> raykey@metshop.uucp (Ray Akey) writes:
>I'm looking for any documentation (books, tutorial disks, etc,...) on
>programming the Amiga.  Mostly, I'm looking for tutorials concentrated
>mostly on programming the intuition aspect.  If you know of anything that has
>a fairly solid tutorial of all or _many_ of intuition's many facets (screens,
>windows, gadgets, menus, etc,...), please send me mail with the titles and
>possible suppliers/distributors of such.
>
>  I am a seasoned C progrommer and I have a couple of books such as the
>RKM-libraries & devices and Amiga C for beginners but, respectively, one is
>too involved for your average intuition beginner (so it seems) and the other
>just plain sucks :)
>
>-- C-UseNet V0.42e

   Ray,
      For you, and all others interested in C programming for the Amiga, I
STRONGLY suggest you get hold of the "CManual" from the Fred Fish disks.  This
manual was developed and written by a die-hard Amiga programmer with a real love
for the machine.  It is very complete with many examples already coded and ready
to go.  I believe that the CManual is found on Fish Disks 456-457 (although I
could be wrong about the numbers .. someone correct me if so).
      I just recently started programming in C on the Amiga, and have found this
to be an indispensible aid!

Matt.

Matt Telles 	                 mattel@auto-trol.COM
                                 {...}ncar!ico!auto-trol!mattel
Auto-trol Technology 12500 N Washington Denver, CO 80241-2404 (303)252-2874