[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] Private to Valentin Pepelea

ronald@ecl014.UUCP (Ronald van Eijck) (06/20/91)

Sorry to use bandwith!

I have been trying to contact you using email for some time without any luck.

Many moons ago you posted an article about a debugging tool you wrote called
Guardian Angel. It was an enforcer like utility but had the advantage that
it also caught programms accessing free memory.

Is this tool available and if so where??

So long,

  |  Ronald van Eijck                  {eunet!}hp4nl!cbmnlux!ecl014!ronald  |
  |  We do the impossible at once for a miracle we need a little more time  |

valentin@btr.BTR.COM (Valentin Pepelea valentin@btr.com) (06/21/91)

In article <ronald.3960@ecl014.UUCP> ronald@ecl014.UUCP (Ronald van Eijck)
writes:

>I have been trying to contact you using email for some time without any luck.

I have received both your email messages, and replied to both of them. The
address ronald@ecl014.UUCP, nor the path uunet!ecl014 are valid. I have tried
a myriad of path combinations, without luck.

I always reply to email. If you do not receive a reply, it is not because I
failed to write, but rather because the net gods have decided to thwart me. :-(

>Many moons ago you posted an article about a debugging tool you wrote called
>Guardian Angel. It was an enforcer like utility but had the advantage that
>it also caught programms accessing free memory.

That is correct. This utility is particularly useful for projects in progress,
as it can quickly catch a wild pointer that keeps crashing the machine. The
enforcer is useful for a program that is nearing completion, as it can let you
find bugs that may cause sporadic crashes.

>Is this tool available and if so where??

I wrote this program almost a year ago, on company time. Therefore only
Commodore has the right to distribute it. Contact CATS to find out how to
obtain it. I too would like to find out as it might cut down on my debugging
time drastically.

As things stand now, it would take me perhaps a week to rewrite that utility.
The original took a full month to write. But even if I were to rewrite it,
I fear the copyright laws would not allow me to ditribute the newly written
version.

Valentin
--
"An operating system without virtual memory      Name:      Valentin Pepelea
 is an operating system without virtue."         Phone:     (408) 985-1700

ayrjola@hut.fi (Ari Yrj|l{) (06/25/91)

In article <3150@public.BTR.COM> valentin@btr.BTR.COM (Valentin Pepelea  valentin@btr.com) writes:

>I have received both your email messages, and replied to both of them. The
>address ronald@ecl014.UUCP, nor the path uunet!ecl014 are valid. I have tried
>a myriad of path combinations, without luck.

Try ronald%ecl014@cbm.nl, that should work. (Hi Ronald, haven't got your
package yet :-)

Commodore Netherlands offers UUCP connections for developers but
they seem not to be interested in registering their clients properly
so that .UUCP pseudo-domain or some real domain address would work
like it should... or something.

--
Ari  Yrj|l{       Internet:  ayrjola@hut.fi          /
JMT 3B 231b       BITNET :   LK-AY AT FINHUT        / Money talks -