[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] your amiga-programmer-relay is broken

dillon@overload.Berkeley.CA.US (Matthew Dillon) (06/24/91)

    amiga-programmer-relay is broken.  Under NO circumstances should it
    EVER BOUNCE NEWS BACK TO THE SENDER DUE TO PROBLEMS WITH THE RELAY
    LIST WHEN THE SENDER SENDS ARTICLES VIA THE NEWS SYSTEM AND NOT THE
    MAIL SYSTEM.

    Please fix this or turn off the relay.

						Thank you,

						-Matt
--

    Matthew Dillon	    dillon@Overload.Berkeley.CA.US
    891 Regal Rd.	    uunet.uu.net!overload!dillon

ridder@elvira.enet.dec.com (Hans Ridder) (06/25/91)

In article <dillon.9003@overload.Berkeley.CA.US> dillon@overload.Berkeley.CA.US (Matthew Dillon) writes:
>    amiga-programmer-relay is broken.  Under NO circumstances should it
>    EVER BOUNCE NEWS BACK TO THE SENDER DUE TO PROBLEMS WITH THE RELAY
>    LIST WHEN THE SENDER SENDS ARTICLES VIA THE NEWS SYSTEM AND NOT THE
>    MAIL SYSTEM.

Absolutely.  This is totally bogus behavior.  I've received one of
these messages myself.  I hope it doesn't start flooding me with this
garbage.

>    Please fix this or turn off the relay.

Apparently the list maintainers are not doing their job.  Considering
all the postings we've been getting from people asking to be removed
from the list, I think turning off the relay is great idea.

>						-Matt

-hans
  Hans-Gabriel Ridder			Digital Equipment Corporation
  ridder@elvira.enet.dec.com		Customer Support Center
  ...decwrl!elvira.enet!ridder		Colorado Springs, CO

Gelson Dias Santos <GELSON%SBU.UFRGS.ANRS.BR@uicvm.uic.edu> (06/26/91)

"ridder@elvira.enet.dec.com"  "Hans Ridder" writes:

>In article <dillon.9003@overload.Berkeley.CA.US> dillon@overload.Berkeley.CA.US
>   (Matthew Dillon) writes:
>>    amiga-programmer-relay is broken.  Under NO circumstances should it
>>    EVER BOUNCE NEWS BACK TO THE SENDER DUE TO PROBLEMS WITH THE RELAY
>>    LIST WHEN THE SENDER SENDS ARTICLES VIA THE NEWS SYSTEM AND NOT THE
>>    MAIL SYSTEM.
>
>Absolutely.  This is totally bogus behavior.  I've received one of
>these messages myself.  I hope it doesn't start flooding me with this
>garbage.
>
>>    Please fix this or turn off the relay.
>
>Apparently the list maintainers are not doing their job.  Considering
>all the postings we've been getting from people asking to be removed
>from the list, I think turning off the relay is great idea.
                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>>                                               -Matt
>
>-hans

 HEY! JUST A MOMENT! There is hundreds (tousands?) of relay subscribers like
myself who want to continue reading comp.sys.amiga.* We have all kind of
problems doing it, like 500 mails per day unsorted, but this is the only way
to someone who is not on Usenet read these groups. The problem about the
administrator never read the request address is serious, but we cannot solve
simply cutting the only link we have. Insted, how about to establish a new
relay in some site that can maintain it?
 In Frequent Asked Questions and Answers I read about the gateway
UCBVAX@berkeley.edu, but it seems to don't be a two way gateway. At least, I
couldn't do a subscription.
 Do you know any other alternative?

* Gelson Dias Santos  *  Bitnet/Internet: GELSON@SBU.UFRGS.ANRS.BR  *
* Porto Alegre - RS   *  Sorry, english is not my native language!  *
*       BRAZIL        *           (Alguem fala portugues?)          *
*  Should be working on my taxes but this is more fun... Fred Fish  *