[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] Scheme for the amiga?

rg20+@andrew.cmu.edu (Rick Francis Golembiewski) (06/21/91)

Is there an implementation fo scheme for the amiga (hopefully A3000
and 2.0 compatable)?  If so does anyone know of an FTP site that has
it?

Thanks in Advance.

//     Rick Golembiewski  rg20+@andrew.cmu.edu  \\
\\       #include stddisclaimer.h               //
 \\  "I never respected a man who could spell" //
  \\               -M. Twain                  //

mwm@pa.dec.com (Mike (My Watch Has Windows) Meyer) (06/25/91)

   In article <AcMWoUi00WCXQIEq4d@andrew.cmu.edu> rg20+@andrew.cmu.edu (Rick Francis Golembiewski) writes:
      Is there an implementation fo scheme for the amiga (hopefully A3000
      and 2.0 compatable)?  If so does anyone know of an FTP site that has
      it?

   There are a number of them.

Almost forgot the plug:

If you're interested in LISP (or LISP-like languages) on the Amiga,
drop me a note. I'm trying to get an AmigaLISP (or similar) mail list
started. So far, I don't think I have enough names to justify it...

	<mike
--
Estant assis, de nuit secrette estude,			Mike Meyer
Seul, repose sur la selle d'airain,   			mwm@pa.dec.com

mwm@pa.dec.com (Mike (My Watch Has Windows) Meyer) (06/25/91)

In article <AcMWoUi00WCXQIEq4d@andrew.cmu.edu> rg20+@andrew.cmu.edu (Rick Francis Golembiewski) writes:
   Is there an implementation fo scheme for the amiga (hopefully A3000
   and 2.0 compatable)?  If so does anyone know of an FTP site that has
   it?

There are a number of them.

SIOD (Scheme In One Defun) by George Carrette can be ftp'ed from
bu.edu, in users/gjc/siod-v2.4-shar. The stop-and-copy garbage
collection version doesn't work on the 3000; mark-and-sweep works just
fine.

Scheme is on Fish Disk #149. It's tagged as a "port by Ed Puckett",
but I suspect he wrote the interpreter in 68K asm. I haven't tried
this on the 3000 yet. You should be able to FTP it from any good Fish
Disk archive site.

OakLISP includes an R3RS world. I was hoping to have it in the mail to
Fred Fish last week, but I was at Usenix the week before that, and am
still trying to catch up.

	<mike
--
Lather was thirty years old today,			Mike Meyer
They took away all of his toys.				mwm@pa.dec.com

riley@theory.TC.Cornell.EDU (Daniel S. Riley) (06/26/91)

In article <MWM.91Jun24113240@raven.pa.dec.com> mwm@pa.dec.com (Mike (My Watch Has Windows) Meyer) writes:
>Scheme is on Fish Disk #149. It's tagged as a "port by Ed Puckett",
>but I suspect he wrote the interpreter in 68K asm. I haven't tried
>this on the 3000 yet. You should be able to FTP it from any good Fish
>Disk archive site.

If I remember correctly, Ed used the top byte of addresses for tags, so
that Scheme is not going to work on an A3000.  Too bad, too--it was a
pretty reasonable start at a Scheme interpreter.
--

-Dan Riley (riley@theory.tc.cornell.edu, cornell!batcomputer!riley)
-Wilson Lab, Cornell University

poe@daimi.aau.dk (Peter Orbaek) (06/26/91)

Don't forget XScheme by David Betz. It runs nicely on my A500 under 1.3,
on Sun's under SunOS 4 and on HP9000/300 under HP-UX 7.0 *without*
any sourcecode modifications. And it adheres to "The Revised^3 Report
on the Programming Language Scheme".

I don't know of any ftp-sites that carries XScheme, put I can put it
on ab20 if asked.

   - Peter (poe@daimi.aau.dk)

--
Peter Orbaek                    | I-COM: poe                     |      ///
Internet: poe@daimi.aau.dk      | Office: +45 86 12 71 88 - 5034 |     ///

dwillia@csserv1.ic.sunysb.edu (Douglas Williams) (06/26/91)

In article <MWM.91Jun24113240@raven.pa.dec.com> mwm@pa.dec.com (Mike (My Watch Has Windows) Meyer) writes:
>In article <AcMWoUi00WCXQIEq4d@andrew.cmu.edu> rg20+@andrew.cmu.edu (Rick Francis Golembiewski) writes:
>   Is there an implementation fo scheme for the amiga (hopefully A3000
>   and 2.0 compatable)?  If so does anyone know of an FTP site that has
>   it?
>
>There are a number of them.

Also try 'scm', a very portable, r3.99 conformant interpreter by Aubrey
Jaffer, located at altdorf.ai.mit.edu in the directory archive/scm.
It compiles with just a few ptr/int warnings (I've tried manx 5.0 and
gcc)  Only minor changes to the makefile are necessary.  The current
version is 2e.

There's also 'fools lisp 1.3' by Jonathan Lee, which conforms to R3RS
with the inclusion of a small init file.  It's bytecode interpreted
and seems pretty powerful.  Only minor changes are needed (possibly
none if gcc is used - the library that comes with the BuRP port is
somewhat more compatible with unix code than the libraries for the
amiga compilers.)
Fools lisp is located at scam.berkeley.edu as /src/local/fools.tar.Z
(maybe there's a newer version available)

	Douglas Williams (dwillia@ic.sunysb.edu)

hoppi@chopin.udel.edu (David P Hopkins) (06/27/91)

In article <1991Jun26.094237.12910@daimi.aau.dk> poe@daimi.aau.dk (Peter Orbaek) writes:

>I don't know of any ftp-sites that carries XScheme, put I can put it
>on ab20 if asked.
>
>   - Peter (poe@daimi.aau.dk)
Could you please upload it to ab20?
thanx,