[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] String Gadg Colors

cdougs@pnet01.cts.com (Doug Sherburne) (06/27/91)

It seems that the background color used in the text entry box of a string
gadget is always set to the same background color of the screen that
contains it.  Is there any simple (or hard) way to set this color to
something else?  Someone suggested setting it in the IntuiText struct
attatched but that would only affect static text in the gadget area, not
the text that is entered in the string. Any help is appreciated.

UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!cdougs
ARPA: crash!pnet01!cdougs@nosc.mil
INET: cdougs@pnet01.cts.com

peter@cbmvax.commodore.com (Peter Cherna) (06/27/91)

In article <1991Jun27.015649.16945@crash.cts.com> cdougs@pnet01.cts.com (Doug Sherburne) writes:
>It seems that the background color used in the text entry box of a string
>gadget is always set to the same background color of the screen that
>contains it.  Is there any simple (or hard) way to set this color to
>something else?

Under 1.3 and earlier, the editable text in a string gadget is hard-coded
as color 1 text on a color 0 background.  There is no real way of controlling
this.

Under 2.0, the StringExtend structure can be used to get the flexibility
you seek.

>INET: cdougs@pnet01.cts.com

     Peter
--
Peter Cherna, Operating Systems Development Group, Commodore-Amiga, Inc.
{uunet|rutgers}!cbmvax!peter    peter@cbmvax.commodore.com