[comp.sys.amiga.misc] WP on the 3000/2.0

koleman@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Kurt "Koleman" Koller) (01/21/91)

Who has this mystery copy of WordPerfect that RUNS on the 3000?  I am having
severe difficulty getting WordPerfect to function correctly under 2.0 on my
Amiga 2500/30.  It randomly locks up, and gets into little feedback loops
doing nothing for long periods of time.  It's 4.1 I think, and has the
requesters and all that junk.  I talked to work perfect and they said that
they were thinking about a fix(?!) for 2.0 machines.  I've talked to other
people, some were talking about 4.1.9(?!) which the WordPerfect person knew
naught.  What's going on here?

What version of WordPerfect are we up to now?  Is it 4.1.9?  And is there
going to be a fix for 2.0?  I'd like to know before I decide to do an upgrade
of any sort...

Kurt "Koleman" Koller
UUCP: {crash tcnet}!orbit!pnet51!koleman
INET: koleman@pnet51.orb.mn.org

amc4919@cec2.wustl.edu (Adam M. Costello) (01/23/91)

In article <3849@orbit.cts.com> koleman@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Kurt "Koleman" Koller) writes:
>Who has this mystery copy of WordPerfect that RUNS on the 3000?  I am having
>severe difficulty getting WordPerfect to function correctly under 2.0 on my
>Amiga 2500/30.  It randomly locks up, and gets into little feedback loops
>doing nothing for long periods of time.  It's 4.1 I think, and has the

I have WordPerfect 4.1 and it runs on my A3000 under 2.0.  I just got it a week
ago, so I haven't fully tested it.  A couple of times I would try to start it
up and nothing would happen, so I would try to figure out what was wrong, and
about a minute or two later the WP window would suddenly appear.  I haven't
been able to reproduce this effect, however.
AMC

jap@convex.cl.msu.edu (Joe Porkka) (01/23/91)

amc4919@cec2.wustl.edu (Adam M. Costello) writes:

>In article <3849@orbit.cts.com> koleman@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Kurt "Koleman" Koller) writes:
>up and nothing would happen, so I would try to figure out what was wrong, and
>about a minute or two later the WP window would suddenly appear.  I haven't
>been able to reproduce this effect, however.

Just a guess, but do you have the enforcer running?
That will slow things down.

4225_5105@uwovax.uwo.ca (01/26/91)

In article <3849@orbit.cts.com>, koleman@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Kurt "Koleman" Koller) writes:

> Who has this mystery copy of WordPerfect that RUNS on the 3000?  I am having
> severe difficulty getting WordPerfect to function correctly under 2.0 on my
> Amiga 2500/30.  It randomly locks up, and gets into little feedback loops
> doing nothing for long periods of time.  It's 4.1 I think, and has the
> requesters and all that junk.  I talked to work perfect and they said that
> they were thinking about a fix(?!) for 2.0 machines.  I've talked to other
> people, some were talking about 4.1.9(?!) which the WordPerfect person knew
> naught.  What's going on here?
>
> What version of WordPerfect are we up to now?  Is it 4.1.9?  And is there
> going to be a fix for 2.0?  I'd like to know before I decide to do an upgrade
> of any sort...
>
> Kurt "Koleman" Koller
> UUCP: {crash tcnet}!orbit!pnet51!koleman
> INET: koleman@pnet51.orb.mn.org

The latest version of WordPerfect that I have is 4.1.11 I believe.
There has been at least one more recent update.
I have been running it on my computer  A500/2.0 without any
problem as of yet.
Maybe it is the version of Kickstart/Workbench that you have.

john macdonald

bruce@zuhause.MN.ORG (Bruce Albrecht) (01/28/91)

>In article <1991Jan22.185208.26497@cec1.wustl.edu> amc4919@cec2.wustl.edu (Adam M. Costello) writes:
>In article <3849@orbit.cts.com> koleman@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Kurt "Koleman" Koller) writes:
>I have WordPerfect 4.1 and it runs on my A3000 under 2.0.  I just got it a week
>ago, so I haven't fully tested it.  A couple of times I would try to start it
>up and nothing would happen, so I would try to figure out what was wrong, and
>about a minute or two later the WP window would suddenly appear.  I haven't
>been able to reproduce this effect, however.
>AMC

This is a known problem, and is supposedly fixed in the new WP update for 2.0.  I
haven't ordered the update, so I can't verify that it's been fixed, though.
--

bruce@zuhause.mn.org