[comp.sys.amiga.misc] JR-Comm 1.01 + IntuiTracker = Guru

dbuchtal@math.lsa.umich.edu (Dave Buchthal) (01/30/91)

In article <9101291517.AA25697@bisco.kodak.COM> amusing!lordbah@bisco.kodak.COM writes:
>Does anyone have an explanation or workaround for the equation
>given in the Subject line?

Sure.  IntuiTracker == Guru.  No need for JR-Comm, but anything
that you run with IntuiTracker sure helps it to meditation.
The best workaround I have found is to not use IntuiTracker.
You can use MED, if you don't mind having a whole *Tracker-type
program in memory at once, and don't mind having it not handle
certain types of .mod files.

My personal preference is to use a newer program called Module Master.
It is an IntuiTracker-type program with a nicer user interface
(IMHO) and seems to run without troubles on a very loaded system.
I found it on ab20 in a .dms file I can't remember, perhaps mm.dms.
EMail me if you want or need more details.

David M. Buchthal

tadguy@abcfd01.larc.nasa.gov (Tad Guy) (01/31/91)

In article <1991Jan29.183453.16804@math.lsa.umich.edu> dbuchtal@math.lsa.umich.edu (Dave Buchthal) writes:
> My personal preference is to use a newer program called Module Master.
> It is an IntuiTracker-type program with a nicer user interface
> (IMHO) and seems to run without troubles on a very loaded system.
> I found it on ab20 in a .dms file I can't remember, perhaps mm.dms.

I ran Module Master for the first time last night, and the UI is ok,
though I'd like to have a volume control.  The window is much bigger
than necessary, though the file requester is nice.  Most importantly,
it doesn't crash the machine when you're using a serial port, like
IntuiTracker does.

Other features are ability to slow down PAL -tracker modules on NTSC
systems (amazing how better some things sound at the right speed),
support for 15 and 31 instrucument -tracker modules, support for
modules compressed with PowerPacker, and support for modules from
something called Future Composer...

It's available via anonymous ftp from ab20.larc.nasa.gov as:

| Wed  30-Jan-91  03:28:45   569458  amiga/sounds/tools/module-master-1.7.dms

This is a Disk Masher file (ie, yet another whole-disk archiver).
If you don't have Disk Masher, it's also available:

| Mon  19-Nov-90  04:13:06    40960  amiga/archivers/dms-1.01.exe

(dms-1.01.exe is a self-extracting archive; just run it...)

	...tad

crazyrat@disk.uucp (@jap) (01/31/91)

In article <1991Jan29.183453.16804@math.lsa.umich.edu>, dbuchtal@math.lsa.umich.edu (Dave Buchthal) writes:
> In article <9101291517.AA25697@bisco.kodak.COM> amusing!lordbah@bisco.kodak.COM writes:
> >Does anyone have an explanation or workaround for the equation
> >given in the Subject line?

[...]

> It is an IntuiTracker-type program with a nicer user interface
> (IMHO) and seems to run without troubles on a very loaded system.
> I found it on ab20 in a .dms file I can't remember, perhaps mm.dms.
> EMail me if you want or need more details.
>
> David M. Buchthal

This is that big file called 'module.dms' that nobody could figure out what
it was.  I believe it's still in /incoming/amiga.

@jap

--
Joel C. Justen      Crazyrat Productions Ltd.
CRAZYRAT@DISK.UUCP  JCJUST01@ulkyvx.BITNET

chuckt@theborg.mlb.fl.us (Chuck Teschke) (02/04/91)

I use a player program called XTMPlayer to play all my sound/noisetracker
modules. it is really good. i use it with Jrcomm as well as many other program
and have never had a guru because of it. it has an NTSC/PAL switch to change
the speed of the song. It's only downfall is that there is not a random or
multiple selector.

ChuckT@theborg.mlb.fl.us

n298ad@tamuts.tamu.edu (John Jordan) (02/05/91)

Where can I find XTMPlayer???

-John

duck@engin.umich.edu (Ho Han Chyi Howard) (02/05/91)

In article <chuckt.0121@theborg.mlb.fl.us>, chuckt@theborg.mlb.fl.us
(Chuck Teschke) writes:
|> I use a player program called XTMPlayer to play all my sound/noisetracker
                                 ^^^^^^^^^
Can you ftp it onto ab20? I think may of us will be thankful. . . .

|> ChuckT@theborg.mlb.fl.us

						My 2 cents,
						duck

*       Name:      Ho Han Chyi Howard                     ********            *
*       Address:   1309 S. University Apt #1             *** *******          *
*                  Ann Arbor, MI 48104                  ***     *****         *
*       Telephone: local       (313)996-1875            (|  o   o  |)         *
*                  remote      0-11-65-253-2503          |    ^    |          *
*                  (Singpore.Equator.SE-Asia.World)       \   _   /           *
*       eMail:     duck@caen.engin.umich.edu                \   /             *
*                  6VBN@ub.cc.umich.edu                      ---              *