[comp.sys.amiga.misc] Draggable windows

mwm@pa.dec.com (Mike (My Watch Has Windows) Meyer) (02/26/91)

In article <1991Feb22.014517.869@NCoast.ORG> davewt@NCoast.ORG (David Wright) writes:
   In article <1991Feb17.033014.14347@cbnewsm.att.com> nsw@cbnewsm.att.com (Neil Weinstock) writes:
   >Quick question:  Has there *ever* existed another machine that supports
   >draggable screens a la the Amiga?  I've never seen one...
	   I haven't either. But I would hate to have to go back to a system
   that doesn't have them. Just like multitasking, they are impossible to do
   without once you have used them.

				   Dave

Nah, it's no problem at all - if you have something that replaces the
functionality. Under X, I use vtwm (there are a couple of things by
that name). That gives me a "virtual" screen 4 times the size of my
physical screen in each dimension. That's 16 physical screens. A mouse
click on the virtual desktop, and I'm working on that screen. I've got
keyboard navigation if I want it. Better yet, the "information"
windows (clock, xbiff, etc) are nailed to the physical screen, and
show up on all of them.

	<mike
--
My feet are set for dancing,				Mike Meyer
Won't you turn your music on.				mwm@pa.dec.com