[comp.sys.amiga.misc] HELP!! Using the BJ-10 printer with Excellence

dcoteles@Bonnie.ICS.UCI.EDU (03/04/91)

	I have two printer drivers for my Canon BJ-10 printer but I'm
having some difficulty.  Both drivers when using Excellence 2.0 print
out funky when printing in draft/text mode:

	The first page printed is fine.  The second page gets a HUGE
border on the top now causing the printer to not print out the rest of
the second page so it dumps it on the third page with a LARGE space in-
between the end of the second page and the begginning of the third page.
By the end of a 5 page print,  this "gap" has reached the middle of the printed
page and has to make use of a sixth page to make up for all the stuff not
printed on the fifth page.  Get it?

I wondering if it has to do with my printer (what DIP's do I set?)
or my software (prefs?, the Excellence program?)
or the driver programs (I have the original CBM  MPS_1000 driver and
                        Faust's Canon.020 driver.)
or even my computer (an Amiga 3000).

Can anyone help me?

P A T L A B O R 'S  S P E C I A L  V E H I C L E S  D I V I S I O N  I I I
     __________                              _____________________________
    /___  ____/  A d v a n c e d  9 8       | "Radboy G-O-o-o!"--- Dave C.|
       / /   ___  _________________  _  _   |(dcoteles@bonnie.ics.uci.edu)|
      / /   /   \/ / ____/ _  / __ \/ \/ \  |(eaou020@orion.oac.uci.edu)  |
 ____/ /___/ /\   / /_  / _  / __  /      \ |                             |
/_________/_/  \_/___  /_/ \_\/ /_/__/\_/\_\|"TARGET LOCK ON!" - Noa Izumi|
********************/_/***************** **********************************

wfaust@venus.UUCP (Wolf Faust) (03/05/91)

In article <9103032308.aa05475@Bonnie.ics.uci.edu>, dcoteles@Bonnie.ICS.UCI.EDU writes:

> 	The first page printed is fine.  The second page gets a HUGE
> border on the top now causing the printer to not print out the rest of
> the second page so it dumps it on the third page with a LARGE space in-
> between the end of the second page and the begginning of the third page.
> By the end of a 5 page print,  this "gap" has reached the middle of the printed
> page and has to make use of a sixth page to make up for all the stuff not
> printed on the fifth page.  Get it?

Sounds like you have selected a wrong page length. So check your DIP
switches, preference and excellence setting for this...
(I only can give you an image of the BJ-130 settings...)

> (I have the original CBM  MPS_1000 driver and Faust's Canon.020 driver.)
> or even my computer (an Amiga 3000).

Canon.020 is not a hacked up MPS_1000... also I have an A3000...
So this is not where you sould search the cause...

I don't know Excellence because I use TeX to do my writing ;-),
 but I got different reports of problems with excellence in
draft/text mode. For instance: changing fonts is not accepted on
the first dump...  These problems are not caused by my drivers
which support such switching!
Seems excellence does something really nasty... So call those
people from excellence! Anybody else had this bad experience?

----
Wolf Faust       cbmvax!cbmehq!cbmger!venus!wfaust
Tel: +(49)69-5486556     FIDO: 2:243/43.5