[comp.sys.amiga.misc] New PS/2 ad vs. AMIGA

keithe@sail.LABS.TEK.COM (Keith Ericson) (03/08/91)

In article <91065.072344SANIIC@QUCDN.QueensU.CA> SANIIC@QUCDN.QueensU.CA writes:
>I wish CBM would do a better job marketing their product to a wider audience.
>Only the people who KNOW computers can appreciate its superiority.

CBM marketing would have a difficult time figuring out how to sell to water
to someone who was on fire.  They barely deal with *sales*, much less
marketing.  The PS/2 ad is exactly what Amiga fans have been hoping for
(delete PS/2, insert Amiga) for gawd-only-knows how long.

sigh...

null *keithe()

drone@irncastl.UUCP (Brian Bernstein) (03/10/91)

        I once had the video tape with all the Amiga commercials on it (from
CBM) and it showed somewhat what the computer could do, but I felt the way
they portrayed it was a bit off. They had a teenager using it. This is good,
but for a serious adult, I'm sure they'd rather see more of a business
perspective.

Well, there's my two cents.
-drone

 --    UUCP : tronsbox!irncastl!drone