[comp.sys.amiga.misc] .TIF files

David.Plummer@f70.n140.z1.FIDONET.ORG (David Plummer) (03/20/91)

Does anyone know of a program that will convert MS-DOS format files from
.TIF (TIFF format) to IFF?  Programs such as Corel Draw and Word for
Windows use this format, and it would be nice to be able to convert it
over for use in DPaint....

Any help would be appreciated!

- Dave (as above or plummerd@max.cc.uregina.ca)

--
David Plummer - via FidoNet node 1:140/22
UUCP: ...!herald!weyr!70!David.Plummer

alex@bilver.uucp (Alex Matulich) (03/21/91)

In article <129.27E6FDA9@weyr.FIDONET.ORG> David.Plummer@f70.n140.z1.FIDONET.ORG (David Plummer) writes:
>Does anyone know of a program that will convert MS-DOS format files from
>.TIF (TIFF format) to IFF?  Programs such as Corel Draw and Word for
>Windows use this format, and it would be nice to be able to convert it
>over for use in DPaint....

(I'd email this direct, but anything I try to send to fidonet gets
swallowed up into a black hole - if anyone can explain this I'd appreciate
it!)

I use an MSDOS shareware program called Graphics Workshop 5.0 by Alchemy
Mindworks Inc.  It's a very powerful conversion utility that can convert
between .GIF, .TIF, .IFF (.LBM), and numerous other graphics formats.  I
find it useful for converting files to IFF for use in Deluxe Paint.  IFF
files on the IBM are compatible with IFF files on the Amiga, fortunately.
Their address is

        Alchemy Mindworks, Inc.
        Box 500
        Beeton, Ontario
        L0G 1A0
        Canada

--
 _ |__  Alex Matulich   (alex@bilver.UUCP)
 /(+__>  Unicorn Research Corp, 4621 N Landmark Dr, Orlando, FL 32817