Club : AMIGA ZONE       Sec: 2
Date :  3/25/91 16:09   Num: 73,093
Theme: AMIGA WORLD A3000 CONTEST
To   : ALL              By : LOUWALLACE
Title: ENTERING THE CONTEST
-----

Amiga World A3000 Contest Update:

As some of you know, Amiga World ran a contest in the newsstand issues
of the Feb, March and April magazine. This has upset a number of
readers, as the subscriber issue did not contain information on the
contest. After conferring with our publisher and circulation director,
they have informed me the contest is open to anyone who wants to enter.
If you are interested in entering (the prize is an Amiga 3000), please
be advised that ANYONE can enter. To enter without the official entry
form, simple send a 3 1/2 x 5 inch postcard (with your name and
address) to the following address.

Amiga World Frequent Buyers  Sweepstakes
P.O. Box 802
80 Elm Street
Peterborough, NH 03458

Entries received on the postcards will be considered valid entries in
the drawing.

Lou Wallace
Senior Editor, Technology

---end of quote---

kherron@ms.uky.edu (Kenneth Herron) (03/27/91)

hrlaser@crash.cts.com (Harv Laser) writes:

> [ quoting from a letter by the editor of Amiga World]

>As some of you know, Amiga World ran a contest in the newsstand issues
>of the Feb, March and April magazine.
>After conferring with our publisher and circulation director,
>they have informed me the contest is open to anyone who wants to enter.

>Entries received on the postcards will be considered valid entries in
>the drawing.

This is real big of them, since it's required by federal law and all
that.  This doesn't alter the fact that they (apparently) tried to limit
the contest to non-subscribers in the first place, which is pretty low.
--
Kenneth Herron                                            kherron@ms.uky.edu
University of Kentucky                                        (606) 257-2975

jerry@truevision.com (Jerry Thompson) (04/03/91)

Isn't this a contest where you have to solve a puzzle?  How do you find out
what the puzzle and clues are?

--
Jerry Thompson                 |     // checks  ___________   | "I'm into S&M,
I loved the peace and solitude | \\ //   and    |    |    |   |  Sarcasm and