[comp.sys.amiga.misc] blah to switcher

widyono@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Dan Widyono 'Aasmodeus') (04/01/91)

Just recently there was a posting about a program called Switcher.  This is
only an opinion, and not a flame.  My only complaint was the need to press
a button / key to activate the save screen (why not a hot-key combination?).
This rendered it useless with such programs as Dyna-Show, and I think Mostra,
which blank and exit when a key is pressed.  I could never get any snapshots.

:(

Daniel Widyono  "Aas"    <. .>      ________
                           .    __ //only  /widyono @ eniac.seas.upenn.edu
                          \_/    \X/ Amiga/ I voted 4 Bill & Opus too. Darn.

sbeagle@kennels.actrix.gen.nz (Sleeping Beagle) (04/03/91)

widyono@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Dan Widyono 'Aasmodeus') writes:

> Just recently there was a posting about a program called Switcher.  This is
> only an opinion, and not a flame.  My only complaint was the need to press
> a button / key to activate the save screen (why not a hot-key combination?).
> This rendered it useless with such programs as Dyna-Show, and I think Mostra,
> which blank and exit when a key is pressed.  I could never get any snapshots.

This may seem obvious to me, but...

If you can display the picture with Mostra or Dynashow, why do you need
to save the screen????

To show the pic with those viewers, you already have to have an .iff pic
file anyway.

--
   Sleeping Beagle (aka Thomas Farmer)  sbeagle@kennels.actrix.gen.nz
   The Kennels                          Ph. +64-4-796306 (voice)

goodwinm@prism.cs.orst.edu (Michael Goodwin) (04/03/91)

In article <qi6TZ2w164w@kennels.actrix.gen.nz> sbeagle@kennels.actrix.gen.nz (Sleeping Beagle) writes:
>widyono@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Dan Widyono 'Aasmodeus') writes:
>
>> Just recently there was a posting about a program called Switcher.  This is
>> only an opinion, and not a flame.  My only complaint was the need to press
>> a button / key to activate the save screen (why not a hot-key combination?).
>> This rendered it useless with such programs as Dyna-Show, and I think Mostra,
>> which blank and exit when a key is pressed.  I could never get any snapshots.
>
>This may seem obvious to me, but...
>
>If you can display the picture with Mostra or Dynashow, why do you need
>to save the screen????
>
>To show the pic with those viewers, you already have to have an .iff pic
>file anyway.

I tried saving a Dyna-Show pic with ScreenX, and all I got was garbage.

v089pfrb@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Jeffrey C Murphy) (04/04/91)

In article <1991Apr03.065353.641@lynx.CS.ORST.EDU>, goodwinm@prism.cs.orst.edu (Michael Goodwin) writes...
->In article <qi6TZ2w164w@kennels.actrix.gen.nz> sbeagle@kennels.actrix.gen.nz (Sleeping Beagle) writes:
->>widyono@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Dan Widyono 'Aasmodeus') writes:
->>
->>> Just recently there was a posting about a program called Switcher.  This is
->>> only an opinion, and not a flame.  My only complaint was the need to press
->>> a button / key to activate the save screen (why not a hot-key combination?).
->>> This rendered it useless with such programs as Dyna-Show, and I think Mostra,
->>> which blank and exit when a key is pressed.  I could never get any snapshots.
->>
->>This may seem obvious to me, but...
->>
->>If you can display the picture with Mostra or Dynashow, why do you need
->>to save the screen????
->>
->>To show the pic with those viewers, you already have to have an .iff pic
->>file anyway.
->
->I tried saving a Dyna-Show pic with ScreenX, and all I got was garbage.

 Can ScreenX handle dynamic hires screens? If it does not realize the palette
is being switcher on each scanline... then it will save the picture wrong.