[comp.sys.amiga.misc] Redirecting paralell port output...

UCSEDG@ucs.UWPLATT.EDU (04/01/91)

        Does anyone know if there is a relatively simple way to redirect the
output from the paralell port, and save it to a disk file?

--------------+----------------------------------------------------------------
              |             --Multitasking on the IBM and Mac, the BIG LIE!
 Eric Glanz   |       ///           Only Amiga makes it possible.
University of |      ///
 Wisconsin-   |  \\\///     UCSEDG@UCS.UWPLATT.EDU        (Internet)
 Platteville  |   \XX/      UCSEDG@UWPLATT.BITNET         (Bitnet)

--------------+----------------------------------------------------------------
     "When civilization falls in it's grave, technology throws in the dirt"

rcj2@cbnewsd.att.com (ray.c.jender) (04/01/91)

In article <98E19243E95F20094A@ucs.uwplatt.edu> UCSEDG@ucs.UWPLATT.EDU writes:

>        Does anyone know if there is a relatively simple way to redirect the
>output from the paralell port, and save it to a disk file?
>
>--------------+----------------------------------------------------------------
>              |             --Multitasking on the IBM and Mac, the BIG LIE!
> Eric Glanz   |       ///           Only Amiga makes it possible.
>University of |      ///
> Wisconsin-   |  \\\///     UCSEDG@UCS.UWPLATT.EDU        (Internet)
> Platteville  |   \XX/      UCSEDG@UWPLATT.BITNET         (Bitnet)
>--------------+----------------------------------------------------------------
>     "When civilization falls in it's grave, technology throws in the dirt"

	Try the CMD command. It's format is something like:

		CMD parallel filename

	Not real sure of the format, but look it up in the Amiga manual.

bpv9073@sjfc.UUCP (Brett VanSprewenburg) (04/02/91)

[I shot the line eater]

I believe what you are looking for is right under your nose, so to speak.
:-)

Try 'CMD'. It's on your WorkBench disk under the Utilities drawer. This
will redirect the printed output from a program into a specified file.
Look at the 'info' on the 'CMD' icon to find the file that it's being
redirected to. I believe the default is in the ram disk...

==Brett

In article <98E19243E95F20094A@ucs.uwplatt.edu> UCSEDG@ucs.UWPLATT.EDU writes:

>        Does anyone know if there is a relatively simple way to redirect the
>output from the paralell port, and save it to a disk file?

It's called CMD and is found on your system disks (Extras or Workbench).
It's also explained in the manual (if you have system > 1.2).

vesty@inmet.inmet.com (04/03/91)

Use the "cmd" program thats in the utilities drawer.  It has several
options that let you output from prt: par: ser: (doesn't work with con:)
to a single or multiple files.

The program can be used from workbench also by changing the tooltypes.
(See the AmigaDos 1.3 manual).

dhansen@amiganet.chi.il.us (Dave Hansen) (04/04/91)

>        Does anyone know if there is a relatively simple way to redirect the
>output from the paralell port, and save it to a disk file?

In my Utilities drawer is a program that Commodore supplied called Cmd.  It
will redirect your parallel output to a disk file or another device.  It is
described in the CBM 1.3 Enhancer book.

voice: (708)691-4747             Internet:dhansen@amiganet.chi.il.us