[comp.sys.amiga.misc] Ugly Windows.

6600dafy@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (I forgot.) (03/19/91)

Anyone else out there think the windows the Amiga uses are just plain
ugly? I love the computer to deat, but I really don't like the way the
windows look. (Not that big a problem, since I rarley see them through
the CLI...) I was just wondering if there was a patch out there some
where to change the look of the workbench to something more pleasing...
Also... Antone had any trouble with MegaWB? It garbles up my screen
something fierce... Any hints/info are well appreciated. Thanks.
-Duckie.

cs326ag@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Loren J. Rittle) (03/19/91)

In article <10027@hub.ucsb.edu> 6600dafy@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (I forgot.) writes:
>Anyone else out there think the windows the Amiga uses are just plain
>ugly? I love the computer to deat, but I really don't like the way the
>windows look. (Not that big a problem, since I rarley see them through
>the CLI...) I was just wondering if there was a patch out there some
>where to change the look of the workbench to something more pleasing...
>Also... Antone had any trouble with MegaWB? It garbles up my screen
>something fierce... Any hints/info are well appreciated. Thanks.
>-Duckie.

See my answer in comp.sys.amiga.introduction,
I posted a small program with source that `fixes' the problem.
It also allows you, the user, to change all system gadgets to
whatever you want...

Loren J. Rittle
--
``NewTek stated that the Toaster  *would*  *not*  be made to directly support
  the Mac, at this point Sculley stormed out of the booth...'' --- A scene at

sbeagle@kennels.actrix.gen.nz (Sleeping Beagle) (03/19/91)

6600dafy@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (I forgot.) writes:

> Anyone else out there think the windows the Amiga uses are just plain
> ugly? I love the computer to deat, but I really don't like the way the
> windows look.

Have a look for a program called Openlook which adds nicer gadgets.

Jazzbench is a fairly useful Workbench replacement too...

Alternatively, buy an Amiga 3000 - the windows look great!

--
   Sleeping Beagle (aka Thomas Farmer)  sbeagle@kennels.actrix.gen.nz
   The Kennels                          Ph. +64-4-796306 (voice)

rolee@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Profess'nal Agitator) (03/21/91)

In article <Vwe3y2w164w@kennels.actrix.gen.nz> sbeagle@kennels.actrix.gen.nz (Sleeping Beagle) writes:
>Jazzbench is a fairly useful Workbench replacement too...

Is JazzBench available at nasa?  I've been meaning to look into this.

Thanx in advance,

Agitator
  #->

 "Caltech -- A Division of      rolee@hmcvax.bitnet              //    BITNET
     Harvey Mudd"               rolee@jarthur.claremont.edu     //   InterNet
 -------------- R E M E M B E R   B E I J I N G ------------\\-//------------
 IBM PC - Who wants a politically correct computer?          \X/  Only AMIGA!
 Roderick Lee         "The Professional Agitator"         Harvey Mudd College

stevek@amiglynx.UUCP (Steve Krulewitz) (03/25/91)

There is NewLook which changes the window's titlebars and gadgets, but thats
about it.  I'd like to see a program that will let you design your own custiom
gadget images.  I have tried it (by modifying the NewLook file), but its a
pain in the a*s!  I have also sucessfully altered the colors of the workbench
windows (like a black & orange instead of white&blue) by modifying a byte or
two in the Disk.info file (I think).  Mabey there is a program to be written
here...

  -=+ Steve Krulewitz +=- -=+ Fair Lawn, NJ +=- -=+ stevek@amiglynx.UUCP +=-

dave@unislc.uucp (Dave Martin) (03/28/91)

From article <10027@hub.ucsb.edu>, by 6600dafy@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (I forgot.):
> the CLI...) I was just wondering if there was a patch out there some
> where to change the look of the workbench to something more pleasing...

Its called Workbench 2.0        Sorry, coudn't resist...

--
VAX Headroom	Speaking for myself only... blah blah blahblah blah...
Internet: DMARTIN@CC.WEBER.EDU                 dave@saltlcy-unisys.army.mil

cs326ag@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Loren J. Rittle) (04/01/91)

In article <stevek.3640@amiglynx.UUCP> stevek@amiglynx.UUCP (Steve Krulewitz) writes:
>There is NewLook which changes the window's titlebars and gadgets, but thats
>about it.  I'd like to see a program that will let you design your own custiom
>gadget images.  I have tried it (by modifying the NewLook file), but its a
>pain in the a*s!  I have also sucessfully altered the colors of the workbench
>windows (like a black & orange instead of white&blue) by modifying a byte or
>two in the Disk.info file (I think).  Mabey there is a program to be written
>here...
>
>  -=+ Steve Krulewitz +=- -=+ Fair Lawn, NJ +=- -=+ stevek@amiglynx.UUCP +=-

You are looking for NewGads.  It was posted to c.s.a.introductions
about two weeks ago.  I will put it up at ab20 in the next few
days.
Loren J. Rittle
--
``NewTek stated that the Toaster  *would*  *not*  be made to directly support
  the Mac, at this point Sculley stormed out of the booth...'' --- A scene at
  the recent MacExpo.  Gee, you wouldn't think that an Apple Exec would be so
  worried about one little Amiga device... Loren J. Rittle  l-rittle@uiuc.edu

stevek@amiglynx.UUCP (Steve Krulewitz) (04/06/91)

Could you possibly uuencode NewGads and send it to me?  I dont have acces to
ab20 and I dont get a full feed all the time... thanks

  -=+ Steve Krulewitz +=- -=+ Fair Lawn, NJ +=- -=+
                                     UUNET!tronbox!amiglynx!stevek.UUCP +=-

cs326ag@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Loren J. Rittle) (04/06/91)

In article <stevek.4210@amiglynx.UUCP> stevek@amiglynx.UUCP (Steve Krulewitz) writes:
>Could you possibly uuencode NewGads and send it to me?  I dont have acces to
>ab20 and I dont get a full feed all the time... thanks
>
>  -=+ Steve Krulewitz +=- -=+ Fair Lawn, NJ +=- -=+
>                                     UUNET!tronbox!amiglynx!stevek.UUCP +=-
Steve,

I bet you wanted to mail this to me.  In any event, I would mail it
to you, but neither `UUNET!tronbox!amiglynx!stevek.UUCP' or
`stevek@amiglynx.UUCP' are valid addresses from here!  Send me
mail with an address and I will mail you NewGads.

Loren J. Rittle