[comp.sys.amiga.misc] Posting for sale messages...

lou@vaxsc (04/06/91)

In article <22891@know.pws.bull.com>, Eric Edwards <C506634@umcvmb.missouri.edu>
writes:

>>Further, I am limited to posting via the amiga-relay,
>>and that limits me to these newsgroups for posting (i.e. comp.sys.amiga.misc,
>>comp.sys.amiga.hardware, and comp.sys.amiga.games).  Until I get news
>
>ABRA-CADABRA, ALAKAZAM!  <POOOF!>
>
>               comp.sys.amiga.marketplace@pws.bull.com
>               comp-sys-amiga-marketplace@ucbvax.berkeley.edu

Ok, the rabbit's out of the hat, so to speak.  But now what will you do with
it?  Let it run amongst screaming patrons?  Perhaps sell it for research?

Point being, can you read posts from the above listed addresses?  I don't
think people with something to sell are going to personally email me.

        -Lou Williams            Via Bitnet :   william8@niehs.bitnet
                                Via Internet:   lou@vaxsc.niehs.nih.gov
        Computer Sciences Corporation,    Research Triangle Park, NC
	Favorite Oxymoron:   "Brought to you by the 70's preservation
	society.   Not available on 8-track."

zerkle@iris.ucdavis.edu (Dan Zerkle) (04/08/91)

In article <49901@nigel.ee.udel.edu> lou@vaxsc writes:

>In article <22891@know.pws.bull.com>, Eric Edwards <C506634@umcvmb.missouri.edu>
>writes:
>
>>>Further, I am limited to posting via the amiga-relay,
>>>and that limits me to these newsgroups for posting (i.e. comp.sys.amiga.misc,
>>>comp.sys.amiga.hardware, and comp.sys.amiga.games).  Until I get news
>>
>>ABRA-CADABRA, ALAKAZAM!  <POOOF!>
>>
>>               comp.sys.amiga.marketplace@pws.bull.com
>>               comp-sys-amiga-marketplace@ucbvax.berkeley.edu
>
>Point being, can you read posts from the above listed addresses?

Sigh.

I seem to remember people complaining right after the re-organization
that they were getting ALL the groups from the relay....  In other
words: yes, you can get whatever group you want.

Even if you couldn't, that's no reason to post stuff in inappropriate
groups.  If there's some group you can't read, talk to your system
administrator.  If you need some help, give me the address of your
administrator, and I'll harrass him (or her) until the Amiga groups at
your site are working correctly.

Just because we're an anarchy doesn't mean we can't be an orderly
anarchy.  Put "for sale" notices in groups set up for "for sale"
notices.  That's why they're there.

           Dan Zerkle  zerkle@iris.eecs.ucdavis.edu  (916) 754-0240
           Amiga...  Because life is too short for boring computers.