[comp.sys.amiga.misc] NEED HELP: GVP II + Quantum HD

milind@nstar.rn.com (milind limaye) (04/13/91)

hugo@IRO.UMontreal.CA (Hugo Desrosiers) writes:

> Hi!
>
>  I've just bought a GVP II Autobooting HD controller, and i want to put
> a Quantum 40meg SCSI HD on it. I don't have any instruction for the HD.
>
> so, i want to know what is the "SS EW WP" and "A0 A1 A2" jumpers on
> the HD.
>
> Do i need to change the 'roms' on the HD if i want it to autoboot?
>
> thanks for your help. It's appreciate.
> Pierre...   E-Mail: hugo@IRO.UMontreal.CA
>
> (i've got a Amiga 2000)

As far as I know, autobooting is a function of your controller, and not your
hard disk.  I have a Miniscribe 3650 MFM drive (40 MB) that I used to use in
a 80286 clone, and it used to autoboot.  Then, I saw an Amiga for a first
time, got rid of the clone, and got a 2000.  Now I have the same drive in
the 5.25 inch bay in my 2000 hooked up to a 2090 controller, which does not
autoboot.  As a result of the controller, I have to boot from DF0: with
startup-sequence.hd.

Of course, not knowing anything at all about SCSI, I could be very wrong.

--
milind limaye                       NSTAR conferencing site 219-289-0287
internet: milind@nstar.rn.com              1300 newsgroups - 8 inbound lines