[comp.sys.amiga.misc] amiga's PD

rjkloost@THUNDER.LAKEHEADU.CA (04/11/91)

                Could anyone tell me were I can get a copy of the PD file
                X-COPY III??   BBS???  SITE???  tell me pleasssssseee...

                please mail me at the following adress

                rjkloost@thunder.lakeheadu.ca

dtiberio@eeserv1.ic.sunysb.edu (David Tiberio) (04/13/91)

In article <9104102318.AA21876@thunder.LakeheadU.Ca> rjkloost@THUNDER.LAKEHEADU.CA writes:

>                Could anyone tell me were I can get a copy of the PD file
>                X-COPY III??   BBS???  SITE???  tell me pleasssssseee...
>
>                please mail me at the following adress
>
>                rjkloost@thunder.lakeheadu.ca

  Sure thing! Check any recent Amiga World, and look through the software
ads for a program called X-Copy Professional. Unfortunately, it isn't free.
It costs about $40.
--
    David Tiberio  SUNY Stony Brook 2-3481  AMIGA  DDD-MEN  Tomas Arce
           Any students from SUNY Oswego? Please let me know! :)

                   Un ragazzo di Casalbordino, Italia.

Gelson Dias Santos <GELSON%SBU.UFRGS.ANRS.BR@uicvm.uic.edu> (04/13/91)

   .
   CA writes:

>>                Could anyone tell me were I can get a copy of the PD file
>>                X-COPY III??   BBS???  SITE???  tell me pleasssssseee...
>>
>>                please mail me at the following adress
>>
>>                rjkloost@thunder.lakeheadu.ca

>  Sure thing! Check any recent Amiga World, and look through the software
>ads for a program called X-Copy Professional. Unfortunately, it isn't free.
>It costs about $40.
>--
>    David Tiberio  SUNY Stony Brook 2-3481  AMIGA  DDD-MEN  Tomas Arce
>           Any students from SUNY Oswego? Please let me know! :)

No! There is a program called X-COPY III in PD. Some britain's PD librarys
have it in their's ads. Look on Amiga Format Magazine. And if you have it,
please send me a copy! (I can't buy from there because I live on Brazil)

         *****    # Gelson Dias Santos                #
   /\/\       **  # BITNET: GELSON@SBU.UFRGS.ANRS.BR  #  Please, don't look my
  /    \-------\* # HOME: Av. Bento Goncalves 948/12  # grammar/spelling errors.
 ! 0  0 !    _  ! #       Porto Alegre - RS CEP:90620 # I am learning english !
 !  ^^  !   (   ! #       Brazil                      #
  \_()_/  _(    ) #=============================================================
 (__(____(_____)  #     Alguem ai fala portugues?     #

                   Un ragazzo di Casalbordino, Italia.

holgerl@amiux.UUCP (Holger Lubitz) (04/14/91)

In article <50587@nigel.ee.udel.edu> GELSON%SBU.UFRGS.ANRS.BR@uicvm.uic.edu (Gelson Dias Santos) writes:
>No! There is a program called X-COPY III in PD. Some britain's PD librarys
>have it in their's ads. Look on Amiga Format Magazine. And if you have it,
>please send me a copy! (I can't buy from there because I live on Brazil)

It's a difficult story with XCopy. The original XCopy was released
by Cachet in Germany. It soon got hacked-up and enhanced by some crackers.
Then Cachet took the enhanced version, hacked it up again, and sold
it as XCopy 2.x. Once again XCopy got hacked up and enhanced by crackers,
the so-called XCopy III was ready. Cachet took this one, hacked it up
again, and sold it as XCopy Professional.

They hold the copyright on the original XCopy though, and even if one
could argue that they have no right to sell the program with portions of code
by the crackers in it, the crackers had no right to spread out the
modified versions at all.

And they are certainly not PD. So those british PD-Librarys are simply
selling some copyrighted stuff. They seem to be lucky that no lawyer
got interested yet...

Best regards,
Holger

--
Holger Lubitz, Kl. Drakenburger Str. 24, D-W-3070 Nienburg/Weser