[comp.sys.amiga.misc] Custom backgrounds for WB 1.3?

bull@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au (04/10/91)

        Can someone point me towards a Workbench 1.3 patch or work-alike
which does stuff like allowing a custom ILBM to be used as a workbench
background and/or the ability to add custom menus to the workbench.

        If there's some in the Fish collection, just tell me which disks.

           Bull@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au  OR  bull@monu1.cc.monash.oz
                      Alias: Gareth Bull, The Opal Dragon
                    DOD# 251  '84 VF 750   Closet Ducatisti
       Disclaimer: "It's a cruel world when you can't afford a Ducati."

dtiberio@eeserv1.ic.sunysb.edu (David Tiberio) (04/12/91)

In article <1991Apr10.232703.86555@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au> bull@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au writes:

>        Can someone point me towards a Workbench 1.3 patch or work-alike
>which does stuff like allowing a custom ILBM to be used as a workbench
>background and/or the ability to add custom menus to the workbench.
>
>        If there's some in the Fish collection, just tell me which disks.
>

>           Bull@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au  OR  bull@monu1.cc.monash.oz
>                      Alias: Gareth Bull, The Opal Dragon
>                    DOD# 251  '84 VF 750   Closet Ducatisti
>       Disclaimer: "It's a cruel world when you can't afford a Ducati."

  There is a program called 'My Menu' that lets you add custom menus
to the workbench which launch executable files or scripts. Otherwise,
take a look at Browser. It is excellent if you are using only floppies
and need all the space you can get. It lets you list directories by
filename, plus add switches to the AmigaDOS commands when you run them.
I would suggest Browser 1.3, even though there is a 1.7 release. I prefer
version 1.3 because the windows don't cover the entire screen as each one
opens, and it doesn't insist that you enter switches if there is no .info
file. It also lets you add tools to the Browser menu.

--
    David Tiberio  SUNY Stony Brook 2-3481  AMIGA  DDD-MEN  Tomas Arce
           Any students from SUNY Oswego? Please let me know! :)

                   Un ragazzo di Casalbordino, Italia.

rhand@well.sf.ca.us (Roger Hand) (04/23/91)

I agree with using "My Menu" to setup a custom workbench menu system.  I've
never had any problems, and it really speeds up getting programs up and
running -- no more clicking on drawer after drawer and waiting for .info file
disk access, etc.

As far as a custom WorkBench IFF background, "SIMGEN" works great!

rhand@well.sf.ca.us  CIS: 73520,3506