[comp.sys.amiga.misc] A3000/KS-WB2.0 Anniversary coming up soon

peter@cutmcvax.cs.curtin.edu.au (Peter Wemm) (04/12/91)

Well, If my memory serves me correctly, the A3000 was announced and shown
running KS/WB 2.0 on the 25th of april last year..  Well, 1.5 weeks
short of 1 year later AND WE ARE STILL WAITING FOR THE NEW OS!
AARRGGHH!!!  The wait is driving me nuts!  I realize that the programmers
are working their backsides off, but how much closer are we getting?
I am beginning to wonder if there is some evil plot to make us all buy
A3000's or something... :-)

Seriously though, I cant wait much longer.....
--
Peter Wemm
peter@cs.curtin.edu.au  (Home) +61-9-450-5243

greg@travis.cica.indiana.edu (Gregory TRAVIS) (04/12/91)

peter@cutmcvax.cs.curtin.edu.au (Peter Wemm) writes:

-Well, If my memory serves me correctly, the A3000 was announced and shown
-running KS/WB 2.0 on the 25th of april last year..  Well, 1.5 weeks
-short of 1 year later AND WE ARE STILL WAITING FOR THE NEW OS!
-AARRGGHH!!!  The wait is driving me nuts!  I realize that the programmers
-are working their backsides off, but how much closer are we getting?
-I am beginning to wonder if there is some evil plot to make us all buy
-A3000's or something... :-)

-Seriously though, I cant wait much longer.....

Luxury!  I dream of getting software bugfixes from CBM within a year!

Some of us just want to get our A2091s to work in our old diesel A2000s

1.2 years and counting on that one...
--
Gregory R. Travis                Indiana University, Bloomington IN 47405
greg@cica.indiana.edu  		 Center for Innovative Computer Applications

marco@alessia.dei.unipd.it (Marco Pontil) (04/15/91)

In article <peter.671411067@cutmcvax.cs.curtin.edu.au>, peter@cutmcvax.cs.curtin.edu.au (Peter Wemm) writes:
> Well, If my memory serves me correctly, the A3000 was announced and shown
> running KS/WB 2.0 on the 25th of april last year..  Well, 1.5 weeks
> short of 1 year later AND WE ARE STILL WAITING FOR THE NEW OS!
> AARRGGHH!!!  The wait is driving me nuts!  I realize that the programmers
> are working their backsides off, but how much closer are we getting?
> I am beginning to wonder if there is some evil plot to make us all buy
> A3000's or something... :-)
>
> Seriously though, I cant wait much longer.....

	An italy magazine (Commodore Gazzette) wrote in his last
	number that in the next months the new A2000, A500, A3000
	will came from factory with 2.XX O.S. ROMS, probably is
	another joke but i hope no.
	About it, do kno

marco@alessia.dei.unipd.it (Marco Pontil) (04/16/91)

In article <peter.671411067@cutmcvax.cs.curtin.edu.au>, peter@cutmcvax.cs.curtin.edu.au (Peter Wemm) writes:
> Well, If my memory serves me correctly, the A3000 was announced and shown
> running KS/WB 2.0 on the 25th of april last year..  Well, 1.5 weeks
> short of 1 year later AND WE ARE STILL WAITING FOR THE NEW OS!
> AARRGGHH!!!  The wait is driving me nuts!  I realize that the programmers
> are working their backsides off, but how much closer are we getting?
> I am beginning to wonder if there is some evil plot to make us all buy
> A3000's or something... :-)
>
> Seriously though, I cant wait much longer.....

	An italy magazine (Commodore Gazzette) wrote in his last
	number that in the next months the new A2000, A500, A3000
	will came from factory with 2.XX O.S. ROMS, probably is
	another joke but i hope no.
	About it, do somebody know wich is the last relase of 2.XX ?

	Thank ...

	P.S.	Excuse me for my bad english.

                ______  __.  __  _  ______________________________
               / / / <_(_/|_/ (_(__(_)  marco@alessia.dei.unipd.it

In article <peter.671411067@cutmcvax.cs.curtin.edu.au> peter@cutmcvax.cs.curtin.edu.au (Peter Wemm) writes:
>Well, If my memory serves me correctly, the A3000 was announced and shown
>running KS/WB 2.0 on the 25th of april last year..

The 24th of April.  However, the 2.0 version shown then was hardly the one that
shipped in June.  At that showing, the A3000 hardware itself was basically
finished.  Most of the gate arrays were done or going into final revision.  The
software, on the other hand, was most noticably unfinished.  Even the 2.00 that
eventually shipped was pretty shabby when compared to what's ultimately going
into the ROMs, in terms of both compatibility with 1.3 and bugs.

>peter@cs.curtin.edu.au  (Home) +61-9-450-5243

      "That's me in the corner, that's me in the spotlight" -R.E.M.