[comp.sys.amiga.misc] WB 2.0 compatible mouse utilities

rolee@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Profess'nal Agitator) (05/02/91)

I just upgraded to an A3000, and am trying to reorganize my startup-sequence
to resemble something of what I had before on my A2000 system.

I've tried consulting the unofficial "Compatibility List" but there are no
screen blankers or mouse utilities listed there, which is my primary
concern.  I was using QMouse before, but it doesn't appear to want to work
on WB 2.0.

The programs I am concerned about are:
QMouse
DMouse
Mackie
PopCLI

Thanx in advance,

Agitator
  #->

 "Caltech -- A Division of      rolee@hmcvax.bitnet              //    BITNET
     Harvey Mudd"               rolee@jarthur.claremont.edu     //   InterNet
 -------------- R E M E M B E R   B E I J I N G ------------\\-//------------
 IBM PC - Who wants a politically correct computer?          \X/  Only AMIGA!
 Roderick Lee         "The Professional Agitator"         Harvey Mudd College

mwm@pa.dec.com (Mike (My Watch Has Windows) Meyer) (05/03/91)

In article <11970@jarthur.Claremont.EDU> rolee@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Profess'nal Agitator) writes:
   I've tried consulting the unofficial "Compatibility List" but there are no
   screen blankers or mouse utilities listed there, which is my primary
   concern.  I was using QMouse before, but it doesn't appear to want to work
   on WB 2.0.

Actually, with 2.0 you don't need most of these tools. I used MachIII
under 1.3, but quit when I started using 2.0.

What exactly do you want? Accelerators are already in the system
(Icontrol preference tool, I think). There are lots of commodities for
doing the other things you list. A partial list...

CXMouseOff (or maybe just MouseOff) is a commodity that blanks the
mouse on a keystroke count. There's also a mouse blanker that uses a
time delay.

Blanker is a simple black screen blanker that comes with the system.

Starblanker blanks to Leo's moving star field. I don't have a copy,
because I recently replaced it with the stuff described below.

	<mike
--
He was your reason for living				Mike Meyer
So you once said					mwm@pa.dec.com

mwm@pa.dec.com (Mike (My Watch Has Windows) Meyer) (05/04/91)

In article <MWM.91May3112153@raven.pa.dec.com> mwm@pa.dec.com (Mike (My Watch Has Windows) Meyer) writes:
   Starblanker blanks to Leo's moving star field. I don't have a copy,
   because I recently replaced it with the stuff described below.

Sorry - I decide to drop the description, but missed this reference to
it. Drop me a note if you're really interested...

	<mike
--
When logic and proportion have fallen softly dead,	Mike Meyer
And the white knight is talking backwards,		mwm@pa.dec.com

sutela@polaris.utu.fi (Kari Sutela) (05/07/91)

mwm@pa.dec.com (Mike (My Watch Has Windows) Meyer) writes:

>CXMouseOff (or maybe just MouseOff) is a commodity that blanks the
>mouse on a keystroke count. There's also a mouse blanker that uses a
>time delay.

Where are these commodities?  They are not a part of the system software
release 2.01 (dealers in Finland haven't received 2.02).  Might they be
third-party PD software?  If so, are they available by ftp?

--
Kari Sutela	sutela@polaris.utu.fi

mwm@pa.dec.com (Mike (My Watch Has Windows) Meyer) (05/07/91)

In article <sutela.673597639@polaris> sutela@polaris.utu.fi (Kari Sutela) writes:
   >CXMouseOff (or maybe just MouseOff) is a commodity that blanks the
   >mouse on a keystroke count. There's also a mouse blanker that uses a
   >time delay.

   Where are these commodities?  They are not a part of the system software
   release 2.01 (dealers in Finland haven't received 2.02).  Might they be
   third-party PD software?  If so, are they available by ftp?

Try ab20.larc.nasa.gov, in amiga/utils/2.0. MouseOff was in the wrong
place (amiga/utils/system/opsys), and may still be there.

	<mike
--
The handbrake penetrates your thigh.			Mike Meyer
A tear of petrol is in your eye.			mwm@pa.dec.com