[comp.sys.amiga.misc] LHarc incompatibility

jones@uv4.eglin.af.mil (Calvin Jones, III) (05/16/91)

Recently a caller uploaded two "xxx.lzh" files to my BBS that appear to
be incompatible with any versions of LHARC/LZ that I have for the Amiga.

The files are compressed with type -lh5- compression and the programs
that I have will only handle -lh0- and -lh1- type compression.

Where does this type compression come from?

Is there (at least) a freely distributable un-compressor available?

Is it available at any site that supports anonymous FTP (ab20
preferred)?

   advTHANKSance

   --- Cal
           ____
 HOBBIT   / / /  340 Meg Online
  HOLE   / / /  12/24/9600HST bps                   AMIGA:
  ____  / / /  Exclusively   Amiga
  \ \ \/ / /  "Best Amiga BBS in FL"    The computer for the BEST of us!
   \ \ \/ /  July, 1989 Final List(tm)
    \_\_\/  A comfortable place to meet
 --------------------------------------
 Cal Jones, Sysop.  904-243-6219  24Hrs

gwing@mullauna.cs.mu.OZ.AU (Geoff C Wing) (05/16/91)

jones@uv4.eglin.af.mil (Calvin Jones, III) writes:

>Recently a caller uploaded two "xxx.lzh" files to my BBS that appear to
>be incompatible with any versions of LHARC/LZ that I have for the Amiga.

>The files are compressed with type -lh5- compression and the programs
>that I have will only handle -lh0- and -lh1- type compression.
>Where does this type compression come from?
>Is there (at least) a freely distributable un-compressor available?
this is -lz5- ?
Try dearc'ing with a unix-version lharc which supports the older compressions.
eg. Lharc/C-lharc

>Is it available at any site that supports anonymous FTP (ab20
>preferred)?
try using archie on quiche.cs.mcgill.ca
  |static@phoenix.pub.uu.oz.au|