[comp.sys.amiga.misc] three weeks!

jms@vanth.UUCP (Jim Shaffer) (05/17/91)

I've just been told that my Amiga 3000 which I ordered on Monday won't be
here for three weeks.  Is anyone else stuck waiting for so long?  (I don't
even have a local dealer who has Amigas in the store, but one was willing
to order one for me.  A not-so-local dealer who has Amigas in the store
didn't know anything about the PowerUp deal.  Of course he also wouldn't
let our user group meet in his store because we detracted from the IBMs...)

--
*  From the disk of:  | jms@vanth.uucp		     | "You know I never knew
Jim Shaffer, Jr.      | amix.commodore.com!vanth!jms | that it could be so

jph@ais.org (Joseph Hillenburg) (05/19/91)

jms@vanth.UUCP (Jim Shaffer) writes:

>I've just been told that my Amiga 3000 which I ordered on Monday won't be
>here for three weeks.  Is anyone else stuck waiting for so long?  (I don't
>even have a local dealer who has Amigas in the store, but one was willing
>to order one for me.  A not-so-local dealer who has Amigas in the store
>didn't know anything about the PowerUp deal.  Of course he also wouldn't
>let our user group meet in his store because we detracted from the IBMs...)

A friend of mine ordered an A3000 through the Power-Up deal around Monday, and
it came in yesterday. (It was an A3000/25-50.) We're in Bloomington, IN.
However, it seems that Commodore is being flooded with orders for A3000's now.
(Especially seeing that your old manual covers are worth at least ~US$1k to
US$1.5k.)

jph@irie.ais.org

nfs1675@dsacg3.dsac.dla.mil (Michael S Figg) (05/20/91)

In article <jph.674625496@ais.org>, jph@ais.org (Joseph Hillenburg) writes:
> jms@vanth.UUCP (Jim Shaffer) writes:
>
> >I've just been told that my Amiga 3000 which I ordered on Monday won't be
> >here for three weeks.  Is anyone else stuck waiting for so long?
>
> A friend of mine ordered an A3000 through the Power-Up deal around Monday, and
> it came in yesterday.

I got the same good results from my dealer. The dealer just got dealer status
on May 8th, received materials in the mail about ordering etc. on Saturday
May 11th, told me on Wednesday the 15th he could have one there for me
(a 25/50) on friday, and friday evening it was sitting on top of my 2000.

A happy camper. But still trying to decide on a good multisync monitor.

---Mike,

--
                                              | Michael Figg  DSAC-FSD
My Karma ran over your Dogma!                 | DLA Systems Automation Center

tom@clipper.ingr.com (Tom Granvold) (05/20/91)

In article <jms.4373@vanth.UUCP>, jms@vanth.UUCP (Jim Shaffer) asks:
> I've just been told that my Amiga 3000 which I ordered on Monday won't be
> here for three weeks.  Is anyone else stuck waiting for so long?

    I have also been told that it will take three weeks to get my A3000.
I just ordered mine on Saturday, 5/18.  I was told that part of the wait
is because Comodore shuts down production during the week of Memorial Day
in order to do inventory.

    Does anyone have any fiqures of how many A3000's are being sold in the
PowerUp program?  It seems like a large number of them are being sold, but
it would be nice to know for sure.

Name:    Tom Granvold
Mail:    2400 Geng Rd., Palo Alto, Calif., 94303
UUCP:    ucbvax!decvax!decwrl!pyramid!garth!tom
  or:    tom@clipper.ingr.com