[comp.sys.amiga.misc] PS v2.1

sanford@mullian.ee.mu.OZ.AU (SanfyBabes) (05/27/91)

	Does anyone know where I can gather any of the following:

	1) 360*360 EpsonQ printer driver and
	2) More compugraphic fonts

	for Pagestream 2.1?
				Thanks.

crunch@hogbbs.scol.pa.us (Crunch) (05/27/91)

sanford@mullian.ee.mu.OZ.AU (SanfyBabes) writes:

>       Does anyone know where I can gather any of the following:
>
>       1) 360*360 EpsonQ printer driver and
>                               Thanks.

I'm not sure whether or not AB20 has one, but I know that the Magnetic
Bottle BBS (814) 231-1345 has a new slew of printer drivers, including a
360X360 EpsonQ (I'm currently using it for my Seikosha SL-90).

----------------------------------------------------------///\----------
Crunch @ Heart of Gold BBS (814) 238-9633                ///  \
crunch@hogbbs.scol.pa.us                             \\\///----\
(814) 353-9489                                        \XX/      \ MIGA
TARDIS Express:  When it absolutely, positively has to be there yesterday.

wfaust@venus.UUCP (Wolf Faust) (05/29/91)

>>       Does anyone know where I can gather any of the following:
>>       1) 360*360 EpsonQ printer driver and

>I'm not sure whether or not AB20 has one

The new PlusDrivers will be available on ab20 by the end of this
week. I'll also send a new TeXify 1.11, CED "ED-Replacement" and
other things... ;-)

>Crunch @ Heart of Gold BBS

---
Wolf Faust       cbmvax!cbmehq!cbmger!venus!wfaust
Tel: +(49)69-5486556     FIDO: 2:243/43.5

dingebre@imp.sim.es.com (David Ingebretsen) (05/30/91)

In article <wfaust.6336@venus.UUCP>, wfaust@venus.UUCP (Wolf Faust) writes:
> >>       Does anyone know where I can gather any of the following:
> >>       1) 360*360 EpsonQ printer driver and
>
> >I'm not sure whether or not AB20 has one
>
> The new PlusDrivers will be available on ab20 by the end of this
> week. I'll also send a new TeXify 1.11, CED "ED-Replacement" and
> other things... ;-)
>
> >Crunch @ Heart of Gold BBS
>
> ---
> Wolf Faust       cbmvax!cbmehq!cbmger!venus!wfaust
> Tel: +(49)69-5486556     FIDO: 2:243/43.5

I can't print plain text with the Canon Bubble Jet driver
from ProWrite. Graphics print fine but plain text hangs the system? Any
ideas Wolf?

thanks

David

David Ingebretsen
Evans and Sutherland Computer Corporation
600 Komas Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84108
(801) 582-5847 x3758

dingebre@es.com

wfaust@venus.UUCP (Wolf Faust) (05/31/91)

>I can't print plain text with the Canon Bubble Jet driver
>from ProWrite. Graphics print fine but plain text hangs the system? Any
>ideas Wolf?

Well.. not exactly... I now how to fix the problem, but I don't
know what causes the problem: Prowrite or printer.device (my driver??
doubts! ;-)??

Strange... using other programs for text printings work fines here
(I have no BJ printer... but CMD helps ;-)

Well... here is a fix: get your filezaper, search and change the
command for R/L margin:

             FD1B584C52FD   to   FD1B584C520D

Seems printer.device does not handle the second $FD (one second
delay) right... though, all other drivers (PlusDrivers and Commo's)
work fine with a second $fd... strange.. strange...

And again: I'm still searching somebody with a BJ130/10e for
tests!? Rev. 8 is ready for testing since 2 months, offering a
speed increase arround 25 times while doing graphic dumps, more
resolutions... text modes... Seems BJ users have too much time ;-)

----

dingebre@imp.sim.es.com (David Ingebretsen) (06/04/91)

In article <wfaust.6386@venus.UUCP>, wfaust@venus.UUCP (Wolf Faust) writes:
> >I can't print plain text with the Canon Bubble Jet driver
> >from ProWrite. Graphics print fine but plain text hangs the system? Any
> >ideas Wolf?
>
> Well.. not exactly... I now how to fix the problem, but I don't
> know what causes the problem: Prowrite or printer.device (my driver??
> doubts! ;-)??
>
> Strange... using other programs for text printings work fines here
> (I have no BJ printer... but CMD helps ;-)
>
> Well... here is a fix: get your filezaper, search and change the
> command for R/L margin:
>
>              FD1B584C52FD   to   FD1B584C520D
>
> Seems printer.device does not handle the second $FD (one second
> delay) right... though, all other drivers (PlusDrivers and Commo's)
> work fine with a second $fd... strange.. strange...
>
> And again: I'm still searching somebody with a BJ130/10e for
> tests!? Rev. 8 is ready for testing since 2 months, offering a
> speed increase arround 25 times while doing graphic dumps, more
> resolutions... text modes... Seems BJ users have too much time ;-)
>
> ----
> Wolf Faust       cbmvax!cbmehq!cbmger!venus!wfaust
> Tel: +(49)69-5486556     FIDO: 2:243/43.5

Thanks, Wolf. I'll try tonight. If I could economically get my CanonBJ
to you for testing, I would.