[comp.sys.amiga.misc] Power up program available to Canadians?

poirier@IRO.UMontreal.CA (Stephane Poirier) (05/28/91)

I live in canada
I bought my 2000 in Canada

Can I buy a 3000 under the power-up program using my serial number from my
2000 (or the front page of it's owners manual) ?

Does C= allow this?

IF they do it would make the trip worth it.

--
POIRIER, Stephane
Dept. I.R.O., Universite de Montreal

rkushner@sycom.UUCP (Ronald Kushner) (05/29/91)

In article <1991May28.130215.16226@IRO.UMontreal.CA> poirier@IRO.UMontreal.CA (Stephane Poirier) writes:
>I live in canada
>I bought my 2000 in Canada
>
>Can I buy a 3000 under the power-up program using my serial number from my
>2000 (or the front page of it's owners manual) ?
>
>Does C= allow this?
>
>IF they do it would make the trip worth it.

When I powered up, the dealer didn't give a flamed flamingo feather about
where I was from or the serial number I wrote down....Its a program they are
running for U.S. dealers, and they have to honor the program for you, if you
can meet their specs(serial ## on the inside of the front cover). I have
friends from England originally that have lived here for a few years with
their C64's as well...Pretty neat actually, his C64 would display on all the
channels(2 to 13).

Plus we have no GST, and whats the exchange, CDN$ .84 to the US$1?

That makes the total cost to you CDN$2,230.63(figuring the 4% sales tax of
the Great State of Michigan)...Other states have higher sales tax...Like New
York State, 6 or 8 percent, add another $20 to $40.

Whats one more Canadian doing cross border shopping? I allmost sold my Amiga
2000 to someone from Windsor Ontario. Come over here and spend your money
like everyone else, its allmost the "Canadian" thing to do ;-)

PLEASE NOTE: I am still waiting for my Amiga 3000/16/50 to come in.
Commodore seems to be down for inventory, so NOPLACE can get one shipped
until next week I am told. CALL AROUND. I found one in Chicago, Ill.,
and am in the process of having it mailed to a local branch of the dealer.
ALSO in calling around, everyone reports BIG BACKORDERS on the Amiga
3000/16/50..I called EVERY dealer within 300 miles of my house, and could
only find one in Chicago..1-800-66-AMIGA is great for finding dealers!

WHY doesn't CompUSA sell Amigas, it would make buying one alot easier..I
mean, they sell Mac's now?!?

--
Ronald Kushner                          Life In Hell BBS  +1 (313) 939-6666
P.O. Box 353                               14400 USR HST V.42 & V.42bis

darrell@comspec.uucp (Darrell Grainger) (05/30/91)

In article <1991May28.130215.16226@IRO.UMontreal.CA> poirier@IRO.UMontreal.CA (Stephane Poirier) writes:
>I live in canada
>I bought my 2000 in Canada
>
>Can I buy a 3000 under the power-up program using my serial number from my
>2000 (or the front page of it's owners manual) ?
>
>Does C= allow this?
>
>IF they do it would make the trip worth it.

 You can get the Amiga 3000 on the power-up program from a Canadian dealer.
 Talk to your local Amiga dealer. If you cannot find one then leave me mail at
                   darrell@comspec
 and I'll ask Commodore Canada for a list of dealers in your area.

>--
>POIRIER, Stephane
>Dept. I.R.O., Universite de Montreal
>E-mail addr: poirier@iro.umontreal.ca
>--

| Darrell Grainger (darrell@comspec) |Comspec Communications Inc.    |
| Toronto, Ontario, Canada           |Disclaimer: My opinions do not |
|  (416)617-1475     (416)633-5605   |reflect those of my employer.  |
|------------------------------------+-------------------------------|
|      Motorcycle: Honda PC800       |      Computer:Amiga 2000      |

ewilts@janus.mtroyal.ab.ca (Ed Wilts) (05/30/91)

In article <1991May28.130215.16226@IRO.UMontreal.CA>, poirier@IRO.UMontreal.CA (Stephane Poirier) writes:
> I live in canada
> I bought my 2000 in Canada
>
> Can I buy a 3000 under the power-up program using my serial number from my
> 2000 (or the front page of it's owners manual) ?
>
> Does C= allow this?
>
> POIRIER, Stephane

Yes, there is a similar program in Canada.  Note that sales promotions normally
are country-specific (separate companies within Commodore), but in this case
you can call your local dealer for details.  Our local dealer has been pushing
the deal like crazy.

--
        .../Ed     Preferrred:  Ed.Wilts@BSC.Galaxy.BCSystems.Gov.BC.CA
Ed Wilts            Alternate:  EdWilts@BCSC02.BITNET    (604) 389-3430

tcapener@watserv1.waterloo.edu (CAPENER TD - ENGLISH ) (06/03/91)

In article <1991May28.130215.16226@IRO.UMontreal.CA>, poirier@IRO.UMontreal.CA (Stephane Poirier) writes:
> I live in canada
> I bought my 2000 in Canada
>
> Can I buy a 3000 under the power-up program using my serial number from my
> 2000 (or the front page of it's owners manual) ?
>
> Does C= allow this?
>
> IF they do it would make the trip worth it.
>

> --
> POIRIER, Stephane
> Dept. I.R.O., Universite de Montreal
> E-mail addr: poirier@iro.umontreal.ca
> --

Actually, C= offered the Power-Up program in Canada from March until 17 May.
Don't worry, I never heard about it either until I read the ad for the
American Power-Up in AmigaWorld.  I went to my dealer on 15 May and got
a major run around, but eventually they sold me an A3000 under the Power-Up
prices.  Great advertising on the part of C= Canada, eh?  What's worse,
while Compucentre assured me up and down that I could trade in my A2000,
my local dealer was adamant that only C64s and C128s could be traded in.

Oh well, hope you can get a machine in the states...

Travis Capener

dingebre@imp.sim.es.com (David Ingebretsen) (06/04/91)

In article <cg.1273@ami-cg.UUCP>, cg@ami-cg.UUCP (Chris Gray) writes:
> In article <1991Jun3.162433.17823@watserv1.waterloo.edu>
> tcapener@watserv1.waterloo.edu (CAPENER TD - ENGLISH ) writes:
>
> >Actually, C= offered the Power-Up program in Canada from March until 17 May.
> >Don't worry, I never heard about it either until I read the ad for the
> >American Power-Up in AmigaWorld.  I went to my dealer on 15 May and got
> >a major run around, but eventually they sold me an A3000 under the Power-Up
> >prices.  Great advertising on the part of C= Canada, eh?  What's worse,
> >while Compucentre assured me up and down that I could trade in my A2000,
> >my local dealer was adamant that only C64s and C128s could be traded in.
> >
> >Oh well, hope you can get a machine in the states...
>
> I wandered into a computer store last Friday and asked about the power-up
> program. They said it has been extended until June 31, just like in the U.S.
> Delivery was expected to be about 1 week. (This is in Edmonton.)
>
> For the front page of my ancient A1000 manual plus < $4000 CDN I can get
> an A3000-25/50 with A1950. I'm thinking real hard about it. Not sure what
> to do with this A2500, however - there are some games I can't run on the
> A1000 because it has only 512K, but those same games won't run on the A3000.
> I use this system mostly for development, but I do play games some.
>
> P.S. A question: the offer requires the front page of the manual with a
> serial number, supposedly. What serial number? Neither my A1000 page nor
> my A2000 page has a machine serial number on it. They both have CBM parts
> numbers, copyrights, etc. Is that what is being referred to? (Both of my
> machines are fairly old.) Or am I supposed to find the serial number and
> just write it on those pages?
>
> --
> Chris Gray   alberta!ami-cg!cg	 or   cg%ami-cg@scapa.cs.UAlberta.CA

Yes.