[comp.sys.amiga.misc] Decay Simpsons Demo

joshin@ucscf.UCSC.EDU (98896000) (05/28/91)

Has anyone gotten the Decay Simpsons demo at ab20 to work?  I have downloaded it twice and it seems to freeze up each time.  Stupid question but do you have to
 wait 1 minute 15 seconds for it to run or 1 hour 15 minutes for it?  It says
 1:15min on the screen.  I is at the 62nd minute now and we are going to wait
 until the time is up.
			Thanks,
			joshin

Brian.Coutinho@comp.vuw.ac.nz (Brian Robert Coutinho) (05/28/91)

In article <16248@darkstar.ucsc.edu>, joshin@ucscf.UCSC.EDU (98896000) writes:

|> Has anyone gotten the Decay Simpsons demo at ab20 to work?  I have
|> downloaded it twice and it seems to freeze up each time.  Stupid
|> question but do you have to
|>  wait 1 minute 15 seconds for it to run or 1 hour 15 minutes for it?
|> It says
|>  1:15min on the screen.  I is at the 62nd minute now and we are going
|> to wait
|>  until the time is up.
|> 			Thanks,
|> 			joshin

 It works great. Wait 1 minute 15 seconds to see it.

 remember you need 1 meg and quite a bit of that free...

 I trust you took it as binary...

--
Brian "Cobra" Coutinho                                 bcoutinh@comp.vuw.ac.nz
			oo         "Go with the Flow...Bro!"

Brian "Cobra" Coutinho                                 bcoutinh@comp.vuw.ac.nz
			oo         "Go with the Flow...Bro!"
              .__..__.._;-'

joshin@ucscf.UCSC.EDU (98896000) (05/28/91)

I used binary but I dont have PAL. I also had about 2.5 megs free.

tony@ais.org (Tony Poole) (05/29/91)

>In article <16248@darkstar.ucsc.edu>, joshin@ucscf.UCSC.EDU (98896000) writes:
>|> Has anyone gotten the Decay Simpsons demo at ab20 to work?  I have
>
> It works great. Wait 1 minute 15 seconds to see it.
>
> remember you need 1 meg and quite a bit of that free...
> I trust you took it as binary...

I took it as binary TWICE and it worked neither time.
I have an Amiga 1000 w/1.5 Megs - Kickstart V1.3

It locks up after the approximate waiting period, and shortly thereafter
reboots.

wwarner@en.ecn.purdue.edu (Art Warner) (06/05/91)

For everyone trying to run this:
PAL PAL PAL PAL PAL PAL PAL PAL PAL PAL PAL..........
On my 3000 it is just a matter of going into prefs, setting my screenmode to
one of the PAL modes and clicking use, then running the demo. VOILA!

--
William "Art" Warner                 //\
CBM Amiga Student Rep.             \X/--\miga makes it happen..........