[comp.sys.amiga.misc] DESKJET COLOR PRINTING

mueller@schaefer.math.wisc.edu (Carl Mueller) (06/04/91)

Ok, here's the question.  There is an ad in the latest issue (July)
of Amiga World for Creative Computers (page 59) which offers (among
many other things) something called the "Inkmun Full Color Kit" which
apparently allows full color printing on a DeskJet printer.  As I have
a Deskjet+ printer, I'm very interested if this thing works well.
The price is only $34.95 and so seems like a very reasonably priced
"upgrade" for the printer.  Does anyone have one of these things?
Does it work?  Is it a pain to switch between normal black printing
and color printing?  Any information at all would be appreciated.

Carl Mueller (mueller@math.wisc.edu)

ryan@amix.commodore.com (Ryan Sheftel) (06/09/91)

mueller@schaefer.math.wisc.edu (Carl Mueller) writes:

> Ok, here's the question.  There is an ad in the latest issue (July)
> of Amiga World for Creative Computers (page 59) which offers (among
> many other things) something called the "Inkmun Full Color Kit" which
> apparently allows full color printing on a DeskJet printer.  As I have
> a Deskjet+ printer, I'm very interested if this thing works well.
> The price is only $34.95 and so seems like a very reasonably priced
> "upgrade" for the printer.  Does anyone have one of these things?
> Does it work?  Is it a pain to switch between normal black printing
> and color printing?  Any information at all would be appreciated.
>
> Carl Mueller (mueller@math.wisc.edu)

I saw this product demoed at the AmiExpo in NY and this is how it works.
You get three ink catrages, red, green, blue, plus the black. (Whoops,
thats 4). Then the program will break your picture up into those four
color slices. You put in the red, say print red. Then refeed the paper
for the colors. Seemed like OK output. Nothing to get too excited about.
I wouldn't use it for any professional project, better off with a
service.

Ryan Sheftel

UUCP: uunet!cbmvax!amix!undrground!ryan
Internet: undrground!ryan@amix.commodore.com