[comp.sys.amiga.misc] Workbench/Kickstart version numbers for 2.03 and 2.04

ewilts@janus.mtroyal.ab.ca (Ed Wilts) (06/07/91)

What version numbers consist of the 2.03 and 2.04 releases?

I just received the latest non-developer updates from my dealer, and ended up
with Kickstart 37.175 and Workbench 37.52.  It was my understanding that the
2.03 release was 36.xxx, not 37.xxx and that 2.04 wasn't available yet.  What
do I really have?  I own a 3000 but am not a registered developer.  The
SetPatch implied a date of 24-May-1991.

Incidentally, this update consisted of one floppy with a Kickstart image and a
Setpatch executable, one floppy with Workbench 37.26, one that updated this to
37.52, and an extras disk.  There was absolutely no documentation supplied, and
no installation scripts were included.  It was up to the user to manually copy
all the files and to delete the old ones that were moved from directory to a
different one.

On a side note, the startup-sequence now runs ConClip.  Any ideas what this is?
There's also a new handler named queue-handler.  Is Commodore going to
implement print and/or batch queues?

And lastly, this still doesn't let my Mean 18 run :-(  KindWords is just about
usable again, though.

Any and all information greatly appreciated.
--
        .../Ed     Preferrred:  Ed.Wilts@BSC.Galaxy.BCSystems.Gov.BC.CA
Ed Wilts            Alternate:  EdWilts@BCSC02.BITNET    (604) 389-3430

In article <1991Jun7.095827.8780@janus.mtroyal.ab.ca> ewilts@janus.mtroyal.ab.ca (Ed Wilts) writes:
>What version numbers consist of the 2.03 and 2.04 releases?
>
>I just received the latest non-developer updates from my dealer, and ended up
>with Kickstart 37.175 and Workbench 37.52.  It was my understanding that the
>2.03 release was 36.xxx, not 37.xxx and that 2.04 wasn't available yet.  What
>do I really have?  I own a 3000 but am not a registered developer.  The
>SetPatch implied a date of 24-May-1991.

	And what was the name/address of the dealer who did this?
BTW, I think that Canada may have different rules. May not be
much the American market people can do.
	BTW, that is I believe 2.05.

	-- Ethan

Now the world has gone to bed,		Now I lay me down to sleep,
Darkness won't engulf my head,		Try to count electric sheep,
I can see by infrared,			Sweet dream wishes you can keep,
How I hate the night.			How I hate the night.   -- Marvin

ewilts@janus.mtroyal.ab.ca (Ed Wilts) (06/11/91)

In article <1991Jun8.052459.10593@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu>, es1@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Ethan Solomita) writes:
> In article <1991Jun7.095827.8780@janus.mtroyal.ab.ca> ewilts@janus.mtroyal.ab.ca (Ed Wilts) writes:
>>What version numbers consist of the 2.03 and 2.04 releases?
>>
>>I just received the latest non-developer updates from my dealer, and ended up
>>with Kickstart 37.175 and Workbench 37.52.  It was my understanding that the
>>2.03 release was 36.xxx, not 37.xxx and that 2.04 wasn't available yet.  What
>>do I really have?  I own a 3000 but am not a registered developer.  The
>>SetPatch implied a date of 24-May-1991.
>>
> 	And what was the name/address of the dealer who did this?
> BTW, I think that Canada may have different rules. May not be
> much the American market people can do.

I was not asking what the American market people could do, but to clarify what
I had received.  I do not believe that my dealer (an excellent Amiga-only
dealer) was trying to distribute software that was restricted to developers.
The rules in Canada should be the same as in Canada - if it's not distributable
in the US, it sure shouldn't hit the streets here.

> 	BTW, that is I believe 2.05.

And this, I take it from your posting, is not supposed to be distributable.
Thanks for the feedback.  I will pass this on to my dealer.

Was there any documentation with the 2.02 --> 2.03 updates?