[comp.sys.amiga.misc] UK FTP SITES?

simpsonc@p4.cs.man.ac.uk (Chris Simpson) (06/06/91)

Does anyone know of any amiga FTP sites in the UK?

Thanks,
	Chris.

cs_b152@ux.kingston.ac.uk (Vlod Kalicun) (06/10/91)

Hello,

>Does anyone know of any amiga FTP sites in the UK?

>Thanks,
>	Chris.

The only one I know of is lancs.pdsoft which I use occasionally,

with username : pdsoft
and password  : pdsoft

Its got a fair bit of utilities etc..

Regards...

Vlod.
Vlod 'BORN-TO-HACK' Kalicun   | "Real programmers don't comment their code...It
Kingston Poly. Kingston       |  was hard to write, so it should be hard to read!"
SURREY. ENGLAND.              |      // AMIGA:
e-mail: cs_b152@ux.king.ac.uk |   \\//  "Simply the Best" -Tina Turner.

efp90@ecs.soton.ac.uk (Pritchard EF) (06/12/91)

In <1991Jun10.095947.3454@kingston.ac.uk> cs_b152@ux.kingston.ac.uk (Vlod Kalicun) writes:

>Hello,

>>Does anyone know of any amiga FTP sites in the UK?

>>Thanks,
>>	Chris.

>The only one I know of is lancs.pdsoft which I use occasionally,

>with username : pdsoft
>and password  : pdsoft

Try mailing the fileserver:

	archive-server@lancs.pdsoft

The body of your message should contain lines with the following commands:

cd
dir [pattern]
help
index {kermit|amiga|st...}
logout
quit
news
send {name}
subscribe
unsubscribe

I suggest a first message like:

To: archive-server@lancs.pdsoft
help
index amiga
logout

Which will send you help and the Amiga index

Then to get a file, use send, and the directory it is in (qnnn):

To: archive-server@lancs.pdsoft
send ~/micros/amiga/q011
send ~/micros/amiga/q052
logout

All Amiga files are held in the ~/micros/amiga directory, each in their own
qnnn directory.
Check it out anyway...

>Its got a fair bit of utilities etc..

>Regards...

>Vlod.
>Vlod 'BORN-TO-HACK' Kalicun   | "Real programmers don't comment their code...It
>Kingston Poly. Kingston       |  was hard to write, so it should be hard to read!"
>SURREY. ENGLAND.              |      // AMIGA:
>e-mail: cs_b152@ux.king.ac.uk |   \\//  "Simply the Best" -Tina Turner.

E.F.Pritchard.
efp90@uk.ac.soton.ecs