[comp.sys.amiga.misc] UUdecoding...

nfs1675@dsacg3.dsac.dla.mil (Michael S Figg) (06/17/91)

In article <Z8ek42w163w@dorsai>, bwana@dorsai (william cernansky) writes:
> Can someone tell me where I can get the stuff necessary to unshar and
> uudecode the files I download from my node?  I have apparently unshar'd a
> couple of files here, but the version of uudecode I use just says ":unknown
> error" when I type the following:   uudecode fred.zuu01

It looks like fred.zuu01 is just one part of a complete archive. Look for
other parts like fred.zuu02, fred.zuu03 etc. and then cat (join) them
together like this:

cat fred.zuu01 fred.zuu02 fred.zuu03 > fred.zuu

At that point you should have a uuencoded file that you can uudecode as you
tried before which should give you a fred.zoo file. Also take a look at
fred.zuu01 (and any others) and see if anything needs to be edited out, such
as mail headers, etc.

> "Bwana" Bill Cernansky, world's best Scooby Doo impersonator....

---Mike

--
                                              | Michael Figg  DSAC-FSD
My Karma ran over your Dogma!                 | DLA Systems Automation Center