[comp.sys.amiga.misc] How do I sell a database for atheletes?

GORRIEDE@max.cc.uregina.ca (Dennis Robert Gorrie) (06/18/91)

greenwoode@merrimack.edu (Ed Greenwood) writes:
>     I have written a softare package for the Amiga that will allow runners,
>bikers, swimmers (or any endurance athlete) to keep track of their
>daily perfomance.  Athletes can store information such as distance, times,
>heart rate, body weight, injuries, comments and more.  Users can then view
>data on a calendar, and graph.
>     I was thinking of releasing this program as shareware, but I am not
>sure

I am into cycling myself.  I have heard of such programs available for
80x86 clones.  I am glad you decided to write one for the Amiga!  While
you did not ask for it, let me say that I would like these features:
1) flexible to allow recording a variety of different events, and then
   let you do queries based on event names or dates.
2) Allow for different record formats for different sports.
3) Provide for group/club data entry under member names, so that
   members can be compared.
4) Charts/Graphs so users can look at their performance over time.
   Graphs of Performance Actual vs Performance Goals?
                         Season 1 vs Season 2 performance?
5) Import/Export delimited or SDF fixed format text files.
   Import/Export Lotus123 and Dbase files would be nice.

You might consider posting a 'crippled' version that only handles
some example data.  Posting it to the archives at ab20, hubcap, and mars
would be a good start.  Posting it to comp-sys-amiga-binaries would be
even better (does this still exist after the re-organization?).  Postings
to Compuserve, Genie, Delphi, etc would be easiest done by a friend
with accounts thier, but the other option is writing them to find
out their policies first.  Don't forget local BBS's.

I don't know how much it costs, but you should consider posting ads in the
back of Bicycling Mag, Bicycle Guide, Runners Mag , and Sports Medicine.
They have a readership larger than you would expect.

|Dennis Gorrie               'Have you hugged your chain-saw today?'    |
|gorriede@max.cc.uregina.ca                                             |
|gorrie@meena.cc.uregina.ca                                             |