[comp.sys.amiga.misc] SCSI Cables

jones@uv4.eglin.af.mil (Calvin Jones, III) (06/19/91)

Stephen Kelley <skelley@umiacs.umd.edu> writes:

> 	I need to get/make a SCSI cable between my A3000 and an external
> case - DB25 to CENTRONICS 50.  The A3000 docs describe the pinout on the
> computer side (DB25) but (since it's std I s'pose) the docs for the case
> don't give the pinouts for the C50.
>
> 	I bought a MAC cable but the pinouts are so *weird* they can't
> be right (for the Amiga, anyway).  (A psychadelic fruit w/ a bite
> missing for a logo has got to make you wonder (;-) )
>
> 	I'm going to call the case & tape drive co.s but I'd appreciate
> net response too. ie (Salesdroid: "CENTRONICS50 ??? Isn't that some
> chemical found in my breatfast cereal like
> mono-sodium-what's-it's-mate?) --

I purchased a MAC compatible add on drive from Hard Drives International
about two years ago.  The sub-system consisted of a Miniscribe 340 meg
SCSI drive, power supply, case, and 25-50 pin SCSI cable.  It's worked
perfectly ever since I first installed it.  The 25-pin connector on both
the A1000 and A500 interfaces (C-Ltd) are Mac compatible, as SHOULD be
the others available for the Amiga.

   --- Cal
           ____
 HOBBIT   / / /  340 Meg Online
  HOLE   / / /  12/24/9600HST bps                   AMIGA:
  ____  / / /  Exclusively   Amiga
  \ \ \/ / /  "Best Amiga BBS in FL"    The computer for the BEST of us!
   \ \ \/ /  July, 1989 Final List(tm)
    \_\_\/  A comfortable place to meet
 Cal Jones, Sysop.  904-243-6219  24Hrs