[comp.sys.amiga.misc] LISTING OF OVER 100 CDTV TITLES!

ai065@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (Thomas Hill) (06/23/91)

   I found this on a local user group board called CA-AUG. It is a very
impressive list of just how much software CDTV has coming out for it. Off the
subject for a second, I'd like to finally get somebody to remark on the
subject of using the newly "discovered" video mode that programs like Macro
Paint are now using. This new mode, done via a few software tricks, allows
4096 *actual* colors on a 704x440 screen. With a little shading you could get
a heck of a lot of colors out of this. Anyway, I'd like to hear remarks on how
this new mode relates to CDTV (is anybody using it, etc). Remember that this
is a new mode that will work on any Amiga with no hardware extras.

[START FILE DUMP]

    CDTV Titles               07-Apr-91    -Date of update
    With CDTV getting close to release, I have decided to start a list of
    available titles.  If you wish to have a title added, please send me
    info at one of the address's below.  This list is (c) 1991 AmiSoft
    and may be posted to ANY FREE bbs.  Please do not repost modified
    versions of this list, as it will hinder updating of the list.
    This list may not be published without written permission, except for
    by the Terms above. Permission granted for BIX postings.

    BIX: Charlieamiga          BBS: CDTV - Flatlands HST 316-686-0870
    US snail: AmiSoft -  21 Chisholm Creek  - Wichita. Ks. 67220

    This list is supplied "AS IS" and without warranty of any kind.
    -If this list was of help to you, Send a $1 to above address
    * Con - Y - Means I have actually seen this disk on my CDTV        N
    -------------------------------------------------------------------o
                                                Overall     Avail      t
    Title                    Pub       Class    Rating Cost  Date  Con e
  1 A Bun for Barney         MultiMed  Ed       n/a    n/a  05/91  N
  2 Advanced Military Sys    Dominion  Art/Lei  n/a    n/a  05/91  N
  3 Air Traffic Cont         Logic +   Entertan n/a    n/a  08/91  N
  4 All dogs go to heven               Entertan n/a         04/91  N
  5 Am Vista Atlas           App Opt MeRef      n/a    n/a  08/91  N
  6 Angle of the City        Tiger     Entertan n/a    n/a  08/91  N
  7 Animated Coloring book   GoldDisk  Art/Lei  n/a    n/a  05/91  N
  8 BAT                      UBI       Entrtain n/a    n/a  05/91  N
  9 BarneyBear goes to schoolF-Spirit  Ed       n/a    n/a  05/91  N
 10 Basketball               Context   Entertan n/a    n/a  08/91  N
 11 Battle Chess             Interplay Entrtain n/a    n/a  05/91  N
 12 Battlestorm              Titus     Entrtain n/a    n/a  05/91  N
 13 Bill&Teds Adventure      Capstone  Entertan n/a    n/a  08/91  N
 14 Blockbusters             Domark    Entertan n/a    n/a  08/91  N
 15 Cardinal of Kremlin      Capstone  Entertan n/a    n/a  08/91  N
 16 Case of Cautious Condor  Tiger     Entrtain n/a    n/a  05/91  N
 17 Cinderella               Discis    Ed       n/a    n/a  05/91  N
 18 Classic Board Games      Merit     Entrtain n/a    n/a  05/91  N
 19 Complete Shakespeare     Anim Pix  Ref      n/a    n/a  05/91  N
 20 DR Wellman, Fmly Health  CDTV      Ref      n/a    n/a  05/91  N
 21 Defender Of the Crown    CDTV      Entrtain n/a    n/a  05/91  N
 22 Dinosaurs For Hire       Wright    Art/Lei  n/a    n/a  08/91  N
 23 Disc Jokey               CDTV      Music    n/a    n/a  08/91  N
 24 Dominion                 Dominion  Entertan n/a    n/a  08/91  N
 25 Drakken                  Infogam   Entertan n/a    n/a  08/91  N
 26 Dungeon Master           FTLgames  Entertan n/a    n/a  08/91  N
 27 Falcon                   Spectrum  Entrtain n/a    n/a  05/91  N
 28 Family Drig/Poison       NE L. U.  Ref      n/a    n/a  08/91  N
 29 File Sound Efx           CBS       CD            3  $28 03/91  Y   05
 30 Fish N More v1 504mb     Xetec     Pd       n/a     $49 03/91  N   01
 31 Fish'nM v2 150mb .lzh    Xetec     Pd       n/a     $49 03/91  N   02
 32 Fred Fish Collection     HyperMed  Pd       n/a     $69 03/91  N   03
 33 Fun School 3             database  Ed       n/a    n/a  05/91  N
 34 Fun School 5-7           Database  Ed       n/a    n/a  08/91  N
 35 Fun School 7 & >         Database  Ed       n/a    n/a  08/91  N
 36 Future Wars              Interplay Entrtain n/a    n/a  05/91  N
 37 GarFx:Gardenplants       CDTV      Art/Lei  n/a    n/a  05/91  N
 38 Gardenfax:IndoorPlant    CDTV      Art/Lei  n/a    n/a  05/91  N
 39 Garfield                 Edge      Entertan n/a    n/a  08/91  N
 40 Garfx:Tress,Shrubs,roses CDTV      Art/Lei  n/a    n/a  05/91  N
 41 Grdfax:Fruits,Veg,Herbs  CDTV      Art/Lei  n/a    n/a  05/91  N
 42 Grolier Elec EncyclopediaCDTV      Ref      n/a    n/a  05/91  N
 43 Guiness Disc of Records  CDTV      Art/Lei  n/a    n/a  08/91  N
 44 Heather Hits Her 1st HR  Dis       Ed       n/a    n/a  08/91  N
 45 Hendrix Smash Hits       Reprise   CD+G          4  $13 03/91  Y
 46 Herewith are the Clues   Domark    Entertan n/a    n/a  08/91  N
 47 Home Video Graphics      RCA       CD+G     n/a    n/a  03/91  N
 48 Horse Racing             Context   Entertan n/a    n/a  08/91  N
 49 Ill'  Encyclopedic Dict  Xiphias   Ref      n/a    n/a  05/91  N
 50 Ilustrated Holy Bible    Anim Pix  Ref      n/a    n/a  05/91  N
 51 Indiana Jones            CDTV P    Entertan n/a    n/a  08/91  N
 52 Indoor Sports            Context   Entertan n/a    n/a  08/91  N
 53 Information Society                CD+G     ???    n/a  03/91  N
 54 Jack Nicklaus Golf       Accolade  Entertan n/a    n/a  08/91  N
 55 LTV English              Jeriko    Ed       n/a    n/a  05/91  N
 56 Little Feats Rep The Mambo         CD+G     n/a    n/a  03/91  N
 57 Living Book              Digigrap  Ref      n/a    n/a  08/91  N
 58 Long Hard Day on Ranch   Dis       Ed       n/a    n/a  08/91  N
 59 Loom                     CDTV P    Entertan n/a    n/a  08/91  N
 60 Many roads to murder     CDTV      Entrtain n/a    n/a  05/91  N
 61 Mickey's 1 2 3's         Disney    Ed       n/a    n/a  08/91  N
 62 Mind Run                 CDTV      Ed       n/a    n/a  05/91  N
 63 Moving gives me Stomach  Dis       Ed       n/a    n/a  08/91  N
 64 Mud Puddle               Discis    Ed       n/a    n/a  05/91  N
 65 Murder Anyone            CDTV      Entrtain n/a    n/a  05/91  N
 66 Murder off Miami         Domark    Entertan n/a    n/a  08/91  N
 67 Music Maker              CDTV      Music    n/a    n/a  05/91  N
 68 Music Maker              CDTV      Music    n/a    n/a  05/91  N
 69 Musicolor                CDTV      Music    n/a    n/a  08/91  N
 70 MyPaint                  SaddlebackEd       n/a    n/a  05/91  N
 71 New basics Elec Cookbook Xiphias   Ref      n/a    n/a  05/91  N
 72 Ninja High School Comix  Wright    Art/Lei  n/a    n/a  08/91  N
 73 North Polar Expedition   Virgin    Ed       n/a    n/a  05/91  N
 74 Our House                con-text  Art/Lei  n/a    n/a  05/91  N
 75 Paper Bag Princess       Discis    Ed       n/a    n/a  05/91  N
 76 Pro Tennis II            UBI       Entrtain n/a    n/a  05/91  N
 77 Psycho Killer            On-line   Entrtain n/a    n/a  05/91  N
 78 Scary Poems for Rotten KiDiscis    Ed       n/a    n/a  05/91  N
 79 Secret of Monkey         CDTV P    Entertan n/a    n/a  08/91  N
 80 Sherlock Holmes          Icom      Entrtain n/a    n/a  05/91  N
 81 Sim City                 maxis     Entrtain n/a    n/a  05/91  N
 82 Snoopy:The case of       Edge      Entrtain n/a    n/a  05/91  N
 83 Spirt of Excalibur       Virgin    Entrtain n/a    n/a  05/91  N
 84 Sports Football          CDTV P    Entertan n/a    n/a  08/91  N
 85 Spy Vs Spy               CDTV      Entertan n/a    n/a  08/91  N
 86 Tale of Benjamin Bunny   Dis       Ed       n/a    n/a  08/91  N
 87 Tale of Peter Rabbit     Discis    Ed       n/a    n/a  05/91  N
 88 Terminator               Bethesda  Entertan n/a    n/a  08/91  N
 89 The Hounds of BaskervilleOn-line   Entrtain n/a    n/a  05/91  N
 90 Thomas' Snowsuit         Discis    Ed       n/a    n/a  05/91  N
 91 Time table of Science    Xiphias   Ref      n/a    n/a  05/91  N
 92 Time table-Bus,Politics,MXiphias   Ref      n/a    n/a  05/91  N
 93 TimeTable - Arts         Xiphias   Ref      n/a    n/a  08/91  N
 94 Trivial Pursuit          Domark    Entertan n/a    n/a  08/91  N
 95 Trump Castle             Capstone  Entertan n/a    n/a  08/91  N
 96 Unreal                   UBI       Entrtain n/a    n/a  05/91  N
 97 Wayne Gretzky Hockey     Bethesda  Entertan n/a    n/a  08/91  N
 98 Welcome to CDTV          CDTV      Welcome       4 N/C  04/91  Y   04
 99 Women In Motion          On-Line   Art/Lei  n/a    n/a  05/91  N
100 World Vista Atlas        APP Opt   Ref      n/a    n/a  05/91  N
101 Wrath of the Demon       Readysoft Entrtain n/a    n/a  05/91  N
102 Xenon 2                  MirrorsoftEntrtain n/a    n/a  05/91  N
    Notes:
    01 - v1 arranged by Catagory, fish 1-370
    02 - v2 arranged by Catagory, fish 371-410?  & fish 1-410(?) in .lzh
    03 - fish 1-410  & fish 1-410 in .zip
    04 -
    05 - Audio ONLY clips"no fees or licening agreements are req."

asher@netcom.COM (Asher Feldman) (06/23/91)

ai065@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (Thomas Hill) writes:

>   I found this on a local user group board called CA-AUG. It is a very
>impressive list of just how much software CDTV has coming out for it. Off the
>subject for a second, I'd like to finally get somebody to remark on the
>subject of using the newly "discovered" video mode that programs like Macro
>Paint are now using. This new mode, done via a few software tricks, allows
>4096 *actual* colors on a 704x440 screen. With a little shading you could get
>a heck of a lot of colors out of this. Anyway, I'd like to hear remarks on how
>this new mode relates to CDTV (is anybody using it, etc). Remember that this
>is a new mode that will work on any Amiga with no hardware extras.

[LIST DELETED]

I was thinking the same thing. Dynamic-HiRes isn't even that new. I saw it
demoed in 1989 at the AmiExpo. By now, there should be enough known about it.
A 768x480 picture with 4096 colors would look great. Does anyone know if it is
possible for these images to be displayed on a TV clearly? There are still some
problems though. The images take a while to load and be displayed. A friend of
mine once had his A500 hooked up to a TV and the Hi-Res mode was un viewable.

--
/////////////////////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
|      asher@netcom.com   OR  {apple, amdahl, claris}!netcom!asher  |

gblock@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Gregory R Block) (06/23/91)

From article <1991Jun22.182947.22775@netcom.COM>, by asher@netcom.COM (Asher Feldman):

> [LIST DELETED]
>
> I was thinking the same thing. Dynamic-HiRes isn't even that new. I saw it
> demoed in 1989 at the AmiExpo. By now, there should be enough known about it.
>A 768x480 picture with 4096 colors would look great. Does anyone know if it is
>posible for these images to be displayed on a TV clearly? There are still some
>problems though. The images take a while to load and be displayed. A friend of
>mine once had his A500 hooked up to a TV and the Hi-Res mode was un viewable.

Well.  I dunno.  When I dropped it into NTSC to C (See?) it Wasn't All
That Great (TM)...  Of course, it was by no means a good a good
monitor, and did NOT have the wide and varied ability that current
televisions have to show very high resolution NTSC stuff.  It was just
one of those CHEAPO TV sets...  Dunno.  Anyone lese?

I don't think it would look all that great, because of the blurring,
but I imagine that might even help a picture.  Of course, NTSC is
completely useless for line graphics and text and stuff.  Blurry
letters would not fare well on my poor eyes...

Greg

--
Socrates:  "I drank WHAT????"
LMFAP:  "Next time you see me, it won't be me."

rjc@wookumz.gnu.ai.mit.edu (Ray Cromwell) (06/23/91)

  Dynamic HiRes wouldn't be very useful on CDTV. Dynamic HiRes pictures
take an incredible amount of bus time to display. Unless they were
smaller than the screen, they might be ok. SHAM is a much better mode
to think about adding, in fact the extra 6400 bytes needed in the file
isn't that much, SHAM animation would be possible especially on 1/3 of the
screen. (The 6400 bytes are the 16 words (colors) for each scanline.
A screen 1/3 the size would only need 2000 bytes extra information)

--
/ INET:rjc@gnu.ai.mit.edu     *   // The opinions expressed here do not      \
| INET:r_cromwe@upr2.clu.net  | \X/  in any way reflect the views of my self.|