[comp.sys.amiga.misc] Is this a good deal for an Amiga 1000 ???

tidedu@mars.lerc.nasa.gov (William T. Dedula) (06/23/91)

Hello All;
I have been offered an Amiga 1000 with about 1.5 Meg of memory,
1 composite, and 1 RGB monitor, and I think only a disk (No Hard
Disk).

I know nothing about the Amiga systems so I thought I'd ask the
net for assistance in determining if this is a good deal !!!

I plan to use the A1000 almost exclusively for Video Titling but
if I get it, I may find it is so interesting that I may use it
for other things as well. I have heard that the A1000 is no
longer sold but I am curious about what the approximate retail
price of it was when it was being sold. Also I'd like to know
if today's Amiga software (Ie. that designed for the A500, and
A3000) will run on the A1000 ??? I'd also like to know of add-on
boards and accessories can still be purchased for it ???

By the way ... I almost forgot ... the price of this A1000 which
has been offered to me is ... $300 !!!

Thank you very much for your assistance ...

Tim

W. Tim Dedula                        Internet:
N.A.S.A. Lewis Research Center       tdedula@nasamail.nasa.gov
Mail Stop 77-3                       tidedu@mars.lerc.nasa.gov
21000 BrookPark Road                 aa252@cleveland.freenet.edu
Cleveland, Ohio 44135
Phone (216) 433-3668

The National Aeronautics and Space Administration: Science and
Technology ... for the Benefit of ALL Mankind !!!

goodwinm@prism.cs.orst.edu (goodwinm) (06/24/91)

In article <1991Jun23.020528.19183@eagle.lerc.nasa.gov> tidedu@mars.lerc.nasa.gov writes:
>Hello All;
>I have been offered an Amiga 1000 with about 1.5 Meg of memory,
>1 composite, and 1 RGB monitor, and I think only a disk (No Hard
>Disk).
>
>I know nothing about the Amiga systems so I thought I'd ask the
>net for assistance in determining if this is a good deal !!!
>
>I plan to use the A1000 almost exclusively for Video Titling but
>if I get it, I may find it is so interesting that I may use it
>for other things as well. I have heard that the A1000 is no
>longer sold but I am curious about what the approximate retail
>price of it was when it was being sold. Also I'd like to know
>if today's Amiga software (Ie. that designed for the A500, and
>A3000) will run on the A1000 ??? I'd also like to know of add-on
>boards and accessories can still be purchased for it ???
>
>By the way ... I almost forgot ... the price of this A1000 which
>has been offered to me is ... $300 !!!

I think this is a pretty good deal.  I got my A1000 with 512k, one floppy, and
color monitor for $625 a year and a half ago.  Most of the software that has
been written for the Amiga will work on it, with that much memory you could run
almost anything.

>Thank you very much for your assistance ...
>
>Tim
>
>W. Tim Dedula                        Internet:
>N.A.S.A. Lewis Research Center       tdedula@nasamail.nasa.gov
>Mail Stop 77-3                       tidedu@mars.lerc.nasa.gov
>21000 BrookPark Road                 aa252@cleveland.freenet.edu
>Cleveland, Ohio 44135
>Phone (216) 433-3668
>
>The National Aeronautics and Space Administration: Science and
>Technology ... for the Benefit of ALL Mankind !!!

| /\.--.--.                           /\ | goodwinm@prism.cs.orst.edu
| . )  )  )   o        /          _  / / | Real signatures are in cursive.