[comp.sys.amiga.misc] Bad Date!

rknop@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Robert Andrew Knop) (06/21/91)

OK, so I've got loads of files on my hard disk whose date is "Bad Date!", and
when I extract files from an archive that I download sometimes those as well
have a "Bad Date!"  What would be the recommended procedure for attaching a
good date to these files?

-Rob Knop
rknop@tybalt.caltech.edu

jms@vanth.UUCP (Jim Shaffer) (06/25/91)

In article <1991Jun20.182205.5806@nntp-server.caltech.edu> rknop@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Robert Andrew Knop) writes:
>OK, so I've got loads of files on my hard disk whose date is "Bad Date!", and
>when I extract files from an archive that I download sometimes those as well
>have a "Bad Date!"  What would be the recommended procedure for attaching a
>good date to these files?

When I have files with a bad date, the date is listed as
"<invalid> <invalid>".  I don't know where the "Bad Date!" is coming from.

ARP has a "SetDate" command.  I can't remember if AmigaDOS has one or not.
I suspect not.

--
  *  From the disk of:	|  jms@vanth.uucp		 |  "Let's become
  Jim Shaffer, Jr.	|  amix.commodore.com!vanth!jms  |   alive again."