[comp.sys.amiga.misc] Time-Manager

wisser@cip-s01.informatik.rwth-aachen.de (Ulrich Wisser) (06/26/91)

Dear folks!
I'm looking for a good time-managing program on the Amiga. Does anybody
know (use) such a program? Please tell me about it even if it is a
commercial one.

Thanks
Ulli

markus@mso.anu.edu (Markus Buchhorn) (06/27/91)

In article <4418@rwthinf.UUCP> wisser@cip-s01.UUCP (Ulrich Wisser) writes:
>Dear folks!
>I'm looking for a good time-managing program on the Amiga. Does anybody
>know (use) such a program? Please tell me about it even if it is a
>commercial one.
>
>Thanks
>Ulli

If I understand you correctly, take a look at AmiGantt on FF493. It provides
Gantt and Pert Charts, Resource Histograms and much more. Basically you
can set up a list of tasks, with dependencies, durations and resource
requirements, as well as time-restrictions. It will then chart up
these tasks, identifying critical paths and who/what is getting over/under
used. Note that it works on time-scales of days or greater. It has no concept
of hours.

Too depressing for a PhD student writing up to use though :-)

Cheers,
	Markus

Markus Buchhorn
Mt Stromlo and Siding Spring Observatories - Canberra, Australia
markus@merlin.anu.edu.au