[comp.sys.amiga.misc] Setting Stack Size

nheu@heuvax.wimsey.bc.ca (Norman Heu) (06/30/91)

Many of the programs I run require large stack sizes.  However,
I like keeping the stack size in my shells set low (like 4K).
To run programs needing large stacks, I normally setup a script
that raises the stack size, starts the program, and then lowers
the stack size again.

Unfortunately, this is getting out of hand.. too many programs
require large stack sizes and I find I'm writing too many
scripts.

What does everybody else do?
	-Norm
--
   //   Norman Heu
 \X/    nheu@heuvax.wimsey.bc.ca -or- uunet!heuvax.wimsey.bc.ca!nheu

mykes@amiga0.SF-Bay.ORG (Mike Schwartz) (07/01/91)

In article <nheu.0295@heuvax.wimsey.bc.ca> nheu@heuvax.wimsey.bc.ca (Norman Heu) writes:
>Many of the programs I run require large stack sizes.  However,
>I like keeping the stack size in my shells set low (like 4K).
>To run programs needing large stacks, I normally setup a script
>that raises the stack size, starts the program, and then lowers
>the stack size again.
>
>Unfortunately, this is getting out of hand.. too many programs
>require large stack sizes and I find I'm writing too many
>scripts.
>
>What does everybody else do?
>	-Norm
>--
>   //   Norman Heu
> \X/    nheu@heuvax.wimsey.bc.ca -or- uunet!heuvax.wimsey.bc.ca!nheu

Add the following line to your s:shell-startup script:

stack 12000

Replace the 12000 with what you need.

* I want games that look like Shadow of the Beast  *
* but play like Leisure Suit Larry.                *