[comp.sys.amiga.introduction] "VIDEO THING" video converter for PCs ...

rjc@geech.ai.mit.edu (Ray Cromwell) (01/14/91)

In article <LINDAHL.91Jan13212836@arrisun3.utarl.edu> lindahl@arrisun3.utarl.edu (Charlie S. Lindahl) writes:
>All:
>
>Hope this is the correct newsgroup for this posting; I don't see any other
>(better) place, so here goes:
>
>At the summer SIGGRAPH meeting in Dallas, there was a vendor who exhibited
>a product called (something like) the "VIDEO THING", a PC-based video
>frame-grabber board. According to a friend of mine who requested that I
>post this question, the booth associated with this hardware board had a
>videotape which featured a movie by Penn & Teller, the famous comedians/
>magicians/slight-of-handers.
>
>I have scoured my SIGGRAPH documentation and have not found a reference. Can
>anyone help me find this device?
>
>Please send EMAIL directly, as I do not normally read this bboard.
>
>Thanx,

  This spectacular device is called the Video Toaster from NewTek. Its
a board that can do almost everything a $50,000 studio can do. It features
2 framebuffers, Digital Video Effects, ChromaFX, A character generator,
LightWave3d modeler/ray-tracer, ToasterPaint, a production level switcher,
4 video inputs, and probably more I can't remember. All of this is done in
real-time except for the tracing. All of this is included in the same
package for $1595.
  The Hardware is not availible for the IBM (if thats what you meant by 'PC')
and never will be. Its made for the Amiga2000 and its sisters (2000HD,2500)
Check out the amiga groups for more info(comp.sys.amiga.*).